• Tweets

• In that case I don't think you'd have any grounds for a claim against the receiver, short of anything actually criminal. The receiver was appointed by the lender so any claim you make should be aginst them. How much equity do you reckon there was when they took possession? Realistic value less outstanding balance (including arrears).  This messing around makes me wonder even more if the property was wildly over valued. Normally a lender would sell and not really care if they got the best price so long as they covered the balance plus their costs. 
    • Hey @lookinforinfo I'm not sure, I don't believe he told them he's the driver. He must have selected an option saying that he's appealing on behalf of the driver or something of the sort. In more news, however, these wannabe thugs are back at it again. Honestly, what a joke. In the letter they sent before this it said they had made "2 attempts" and in this letter they said "4 attempts", I wonder what happened to the "3rd attempt" lol.  WhatsApp Image 2024-04-18 at 14.06.07_44abc9c8.pdf
    • Hi all, I purchased a car in January from Big Motoring World Leeds. At the time of sale I was shown a tab on the salespersons computer marked 'service history' and I was able to take comfort knowing that the car had been serviced on 3 occasions as the date, mileage and company was there on screen. Being a 3 and a bit year old car that, in my mind, constituted full service history 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, collected the car a week later. Once home I settled down to through the book pack etc. Opened the service history booklet and it was completely blank. In addition there were no invoices detailing that any services had been done. I duly contacted BMW and asked them to supply me with proof of service history. They responded saying that on their 'vehicle documentation checklist' I had ticked and then signed to the fact that I had seen the service history and that I was happy with it. I dug out this checklist and what it actually states is 'seen service history online' which I had in the showroom. BMW seem to think that this satisfies their responsibility in providing service history. The reality is that I don't have any proof that the vehicle has ever been serviced! For my own peace of mind I ended up paying for a service that satisfied the manufacturers maintenance schedule to the tune of £330. I even complained to the finance company that the vehicle contravenes the Sale of Goods act 2015 as l, in effect, ot is not as described. Amazingly they weren't interested and instead I just got an email stating that it's not illegal to sell a vehicle without service history and that servicing costs were part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I've since complained to the ombudsman and am awaiting to see if they can help. I have no issue with the car but the treatment and customer service has been the worst I've ever experienced. I don't really know what to do next as I really do feel aggrieved that I've had to pay to service a car that should have already been serviced. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 🙏
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Repossession questioned by deeds not being signed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a space for signature by the borrower and signature of the witness on that document. If it is then sent to the land registry for registration or handed to the lender that would be delivery.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Just come across this, sorry if it has been posted before. Sums up quite nicely why Bibby has to do with the borrowers execution of the deed.

http://www.glovers.co.uk/news_article412.html

News

December 2011

Signed, but not delivered - why merely signing a deed does not make it enforceable

A recent decision in the High Court in Bibby Financial Services and others -v- Magson and Others [2011] EWHC 2495 (QB) has highlighted an important issue in relation to signing an agreement as a deed.

In this case, personal guarantees were signed and witnessed as deeds by two individuals and handed to the other party (Bibby Financial Services) as an act of good faith to illustrate their intention to proceed with the transaction. The deeds had been amended by hand, and it was intended that such amendments would be incorporated into final versions of the deeds which would then be signed again. The amended versions of the deeds were never signed and Bibby Financial Services sought to rely on the signed deeds which had been amended by hand.

The High Court decided that the deeds were not enforceable, as they had not been intended to be delivered as deeds in accordance with the meaning of Section 1 of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989. To be delivered as a deed, there must be an indication by the person signing it that he wishes to be bound by the terms in the document.

This case highlights the need to ensure that simply signing a deed and handing it to the other party is insufficient. There must be a separate indication that the person signing intends to be bound by a deed in order for it to be ‘delivered’. Parties may seek to prevent any difficulties in this respect by making it clear in the deed that it is intended to be delivered on the date it is signed, or by obtaining separate written confirmation that the parties intend it to be delivered.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

what do you think apple?????

This is what I think MollyP:

http://www.crippslink.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1438:bibby-v-magson-when-is-a-deed-delivered&catid=88:commercial-law&Itemid=626

From it, I prefer the up to date understanding of 'delivery' that applies today and the authority upon which it relates to - without ambiguities:

WHEN IS A DEED DELIVERED?

Historically, delivery occurred when the document was received bythe other side. As the law evolved, the concept of delivery became the point atwhich it could be shown that it was intended that the document would becomebinding. This is still the test used today.

For companies, a deed is deemed to have been delivered inaccordance with the provisions of the Companies Act 2006. However, no deemed delivery provisions apply to individuals.

The link to the case of 'bibby' is here:

http://www.crippslink.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1438:bibby-v-magson-when-is-a-deed-delivered&catid=88:commercial-law&Itemid=626

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Yes more conformation that the deed need only be signed by the borrower and delivered :)

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

As the law evolved, the concept of delivery became the point at which it could be shown that it was intended that the document would becomebinding. This is still the test used today.

At last the penny has dropped, I have only been telling you for nearly a year that delivery is about the intent to be bound by the deed and not the deed being signed by the grantee (in the case of a mortgage deed the lender)

There is also the bit at the end :wink:

ADVICE TO TAKE AWAY FROM THIS CASE

Whilst the case adds nothing new to the law surrounding the execution of deeds, it is a timely reminder that delivery of a deed should not be overlooked.

Yes Mark, I am Bones

At last the penny has dropped

I wouldn't count on it Ben :)

Yes more conformation that the deed need only be signed by the borrower and delivered :)

Surely, you must know by now - I do not look to confirm any of your posts Dodge - or heaven forbid anything that Ben posts ; )

Here you go guys - you both mysteriously missed this bit:

"However, no deemed delivery provisions apply to individuals"

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

there is an area for specific signature by the lender to sign,,,,,,,AFTER,,,,,,he receives,,,,,HE RECEIVES,,,,not lends all the moneys

Yes, but, no, but.......... I noticed that too - I can also confirm that it will be signed once they get all the money in too ; )

Apple

Surely, you must know by now - I do not look to confirm any of your posts Dodge - or heaven forbid anything that Ben posts ; )

Here you go guys - you both mysteriously missed this bit:

"However, no deemed delivery provisions apply to individuals"

Apple

And there you go, right on schedule

Nope didn't miss it :-)

Yes Mark, I am Bones

Is It Me?

I consider it more likely than not that whilst you are not logged in, you are still reading this thread. Given the time and energy that Apple has put in on behalf, don't you think it is only fair that you inform Apple of the decision of the Property Chamber ?

By allowing Apple to continue to post these fanciful ideas, without you at least telling Apple, seems very unfair on Apple, don't you think ?

I am still DUMBSTRUCK that Is It Me? is so slient

Yes Mark, I am Bones

At last the penny has dropped, I have only been telling you for nearly a year that delivery is about the intent to be bound by the deed and not the deed being signed by the grantee (in the case of a mortgage deed the lender)

There is also the bit at the end :wink:

ADVICE TO TAKE AWAY FROM THIS CASE

Whilst the case adds nothing new to the law surrounding the execution of deeds, it is a timely reminder that delivery of a deed should not be overlooked.

Typically Ben

You've only gone and highlighted only the bit to do with the 'execution of the deed' - yes, but no but - you have left out the bit to do with 'delivery'.....which says....yes, but, no but.....:

"it is a timely reminder that delivery of a deed should not be overlooked."

Apple

Typically Ben

You've only gone and highlighted only the bit to do with the 'execution of the deed' - yes, but no but - you have left out the bit to do with 'delivery'.....which says....yes, but, no but.....:

Apple

lol, I wish you could grasp what delivery actually related too.

Why don't you be a good little Apple and wait for Is It Me? to post details of the decision - I am afraid nothing you can say, can change the decision that has already been issued by the Property Chamber. You remember the Property Chamber don't you ? It is that place you have encouraged others (but not yourself) to make an application to, to determine if a mortgage deed is void if it has not been signed by the lender.

Now Is It Me?, as his friend's application was heard on 20 Jan should now be in possession of that decision, that you have actively encouraged people to apply for.

Why is Is It Me? now after so long, gone completely silent on the issue ?

Surely, if any of your fanciful ideas were in the least bit successful, Is It Me? would be letting the world know -

Even you must be considering given his silence that you might just have got it all wrong ?

Yes Mark, I am Bones

Typically Ben

Apple

Naught Ben, you seem to left out the bit where it says that it must be signed by the lender as well............... no hang on a minute :)

Why don't you be a good little Apple and wait for Is It Me? to post details of the decision - I am afraid nothing you can say, can change the decision that has already been issued by the Property Chamber. You remember the Property Chamber don't you ? It is that place you have encouraged others (but not yourself) to make an application to, to determine if a mortgage deed is void if it has not been signed by the lender.

Now Is It Me?, as his friend's application was heard on 20 Jan should not be in possession of that decision, that you have actively encouraged people to apply for.

Surely, if any of your fanciful ideas were in the least bit successful, Is It Me? would be letting the world know -

Even you must be considering given his silence that you might just have got it all wrong ?

Perhaps the decision is so certain there is no need for confirmation. After all there was NO DEFENSE apparently.

Ever see the bit from the "holy Grail"(Monty Python) where the knight is getting his arm and then his legs chopped off, "only a flesh wound he says".

Brought it to mind, don't know why.

Naught Ben, you seem to left out the bit where it says that it must be signed by the lender as well............... no hang on a minute :)

Let me put my Apple, rose tinited glasses on, I hear they let you see things that aren't there and I will take another look

Yes Mark, I am Bones

Now Is It Me?, as his friend's application was heard on 20 Jan should not be in possession of that decision, that you have actively encouraged people to apply for.

Surely, if any of your fanciful ideas were in the least bit successful, Is It Me? would be letting the world know

'good little apple'.........???

Please behave yorself and conduct yourself in a mature manner Ben ; )

I do grasp the concept of delivery - Just accept; like the big boy that you purport to be (given you refer to me as a little apple) and take on board that my opinion is different to yours.

You stick to what you know Ben; and I'll stick to what I know - ok?

SP put this point rather well I thought - let's do the same hey and 'respectfully disagree' ; )

Apple

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks