gazshiraz

contribution based esa ended

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2360 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello after recent atos medical I went from support group to zero points

taken off esa on 9th april

rang dwp to ask them to look again at my case

my doctor gave me a sick note and updated my medical reports which I sent in

got a letter from dwp saying they will pay me £71 from 9th april and in the next paragraph says they cannot pay me from the 10th april

as I have reached 365 days on contribution based esa

does this mean I will not get any payments whilst in appeal

I cannot get income based esa so do I still need to send in sicknotes

any ideas please anyone

:gazshiraz:

If you've received contributions based employment n support, at either assessment rate or with the work related activity component, for a total of 365 days during your claim you're not eligible for payments pending the outcome of reconsideration. Consequently, there's no point to submitting Med 3 (unfit) notes unless your circumstances change and you want to claim an income related award.

For payments to resume you need to be awarded the support component at reconsideration (looking again at your case) or subsequent appeal to an employment n support tribunal.

Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

thanks Margaret I am seeing my doctor on Thursday so I will not bother with a sicknote I will ask him to write up a stronger worded report to back up my claim as my condition has got worse but in the meantime I am still awaiting dwp to look at decision again so you never know as they changed it the last time in my favour bye for now gaz

Make sure DWP haven't counted any time you were in the support group toward the 365 days.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

hello again rang dwp today as not heard anything from them since 8th may,they said my case was still under review due to staffing issues so it is taking longer to process cases,its still with the decision maker, they said it can take up to a year for an appeal to be heard so if you have had your 365 days on esa you get nothing whilst in appeal but they said I still need to send in sicknotes to get a stamp to claim your state pension so I told them I don't as I have 34 years in work and I only need 30 years to qualify for the state pension is this correct or have they changed the rules again,

Have you checked that they haven't included any time you spent in the support group toward the 365 days? DWP seem to make this mistake quite often.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

:gazshiraz:

People who are currently of working age need thirty years of insurance contributions for a full state pension. Irrespective of whether you need credits towards a state pension, Jobcentreplus aren't going to give you any for so long as they consider you fit for work! But you're not actively seeking any. If the decision's revised, either now or at a subsequent appeal, you'll be credited with the missing contributions.

At the moment, it's taking up to six months for reconsiderations.

Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**