Carers Allowance Question......

meg&mog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Wonder if anyone could help with a query? I claim Carers Allowance for my 11 year old son who is Autistic I also work 14 hours a week I earn £375ish every 4 weeks my question is I am due to be paid this Friday and in this pay I am due to receive 2.5% bonus of my years earnings because our store has done so well my p60 for the year just gone shows I earned £5129.00 my question is do I need to tell Carers Allowance about this bonus?

Thanks in advance :)

£375 multiplied by 13 is £4875, so is there something being taken out of your wages? You've stated your total pay is £5129. It may seem I'm being picky, but it does actually effect what you need to do.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

you need to inform them of your gross earnings. there system will tell them anyway.

Erm, how you inform them is important - and net earnings are what's important for CA. Earnings for the year as stated plus bonus would put OP just over the £100 a week limit = no carer's allowanve for the year, whereas declaring it only for the 4 week period - 4 weekly pay plus bonus, just means no carers for 4 weeks.

However, if net is slightly lower, then it is better to declare it as averaged over the year, as then no break in carer's allowance.

Hi

Thanks again for replies I think I should probably ring them back in August last year I got a letter from Carers asking for my weekly earnings because I had done overtime that put me over the limit I stupidly thought my earnings were averaged out over the year not in a week by week basis so I ended up owing then over 3,000 pounds I am currently on reduced careers they take 19 pound and some pence a week off my Carers to collect the overpayment they were however very very nice to me about it and never made me feel that it wa more than the mistake it was so my p60 may include some overtime I did from April last year to August when I received the letter I have not done 1 minute of overtime since I got that letter I earn 375.20 every 4 weeks as stated in my April payslip this bonus is a one off just this month only could I really lose my Carers for a year?

Thanks guys

No, if this year's income is lower than last year's income, then you should be fine. If it is a yearly bonus, then I would ask them to average that out over the year, as it is for the whole year. Whereas, yes, intermittent overtime has to be applied to the period you earn it. Make sure you're clear about what you're earning now, and exactly how much the 2.5% is.