• Tweets

• Thank you for that i thought id just ask as i was unsure.  Just hope its returned to me and doesnt spend the rest of its life going back and forth to Singapore  
    • Thanks @lolerz. I've attached it to the post. What do you think? What's the organ grinder? NTK.pdf
    • I'm afraid that if the value of the item was under declared then that is probably the best that you can hope for. Also, because the item was incorrectly addressed – even by a single letter, if that because the issue relating to the delivery then that has probably compounded the problem. There is probably very little that can be done. If you are lucky you will get the item back and then you can start again and declare it properly. Undervaluing parcels which are sent by any means is always going to cause a problem if the item is lost or damaged. It may mean that the cost of delivery is slightly less – but at the end of the day the risk becomes yours. When you enter into any kind of contract, effectively you declare it a level of risk to your contracting partner – and they decide to enter into the contract with you based on that level of risk. You have declared a level of risk and £50 – and that's the deal.   Additionally, undervaluing an item which is an internationally has the effect also of evading customs and any VAT system which is in force in that country – and that makes the whole thing a little bit more serious
    • Perfect. Nice and brief and to the point. You don't bother to start telling your life story. Just the way it should be. Send it off. You have probably done enough reading to understand that it won't make any difference don't start drafting your particulars of claim. Open an account with the MoneyClaim County Court system and start preparing. Post your particulars of claim here before you click it off. You may have noticed that at some point you will be asked if you want to go to mediation on this. We used to advise it but now we recommend that you decline mediation and go to trial. Your chances of success are much better than 95%. Going to trial will incur an additional hearing fee but of course you will get that back. However if you go to mediation, they will simply try to penny pinch and to get you to compromise and also they will sign you up to a confidentiality agreement and probably threaten you if you breach it. Not only that, if the mediation fails because you stand your ground, it will add additional delay while they then give you a date to go to trial. The best thing to do is to decline mediation – prepare for court hearing. Pay the extra fee. The chances are that rather than get a judgement against them they will then offer you a full settlement rather than go to court. If they do offer you full settlement then you will be obliged to accept it – but that's what you want. If they don't offer you full settlement then you will go to trial and there will be a judgement against them. Just so that you understand, our first interest is that you get your money back – but a close second is that it does go to trial and there is a judgement which we will then be able to use to help other people. Anyway as you should realise, we will help you all the way.
    • I sent a parcel to Singapore but i spelt the address incorrecltly by 1 letter so the parcel couldnt be delivered and was returned back to the Uk but checking the tracking today the parcel had returned to the UK but is somehow on its way back to Singapore as the tracking says "Item leaving the UK"    Ive spoken ( tweeted) Royal Mail help who confirm that the parcel seems to be going back to Singapore and that if its not " Delivered" by the 29th of April theyll deem it as lost and will accept a claim but i cant remeber when booking what the compensation amount was but i dont think it covers the amount of the item.  As it was my fault that it wasnt delivered in the first place can i trey and claim the full amount back ? i think if i remember correctly it was £50 compensation but the item was £170 So the timeline is thus ...   22nd Of March .    Booked via P2G & dropped off a Post Office.  25th March arrives in Singapore and goes through customs ect ect 26th   Incorrect address and item is flagged as "return to sender" 28th Item leaves Overseas intenational processing centre 15th of April , Item is leaving the Uk (Again)   ?    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help And Hello To All!!Unhappy NAT WEST CUSTM.**WON**

Trish76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go then.First offer from Nat West!!

Dear Mrs.xxx

Thank you for your letter and I apologise for any dissatisfaction caused by the application of the charges to your account.

We believe that our charges are fair,reasonable and transparent.We consider that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance wih your agreement with us and our published tariffs,which we are satisfied,complies with all applicable laws and regulations.We are also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give our customers about the operation of our products.

We have considered and responded to the OFT's statement of 5April2006.We don not accept the OFT'S findings in relation to credit cardfees.We are concerned that the OFT has publicly called into question the setting of charges applied to other products,including current account.The OFT has restricted its investigation to Credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBS or the industry in relation to other,entirely different products.

Consequently,against that background,we must differ withe the views expressed in your letter.Despite this,we have taken the oppotunity to review the charges that have been applied to your acc. and as an excetional matter we have agreed to refund £771.00 as a gesture of goodwill!!!!!!

Acceptance by you of this payment will be in full and final settlement of all claims you may have relating to our charges.However,our terms and conditions will continue to apply and any charges that accrue in the future must stand!!!

Again thank you for taking the time and trouble to write and I hope that your complaint is now resolved to your satisfaction.

Erm.....NO IT's NOT!!!!:grin:

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Now where I have I seen that letter before......ah yes, almost everywhere!! It really makes me laugh how the banks respond in this way, stating they believe their charges to be fair and reasonable but hey, we'll offer you some money anyway!!

Keep going girl, you'll get it all in the end.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Now where I have I seen that letter before......ah yes, almost everywhere!! It really makes me laugh how the banks respond in this way, stating they believe their charges to be fair and reasonable but hey, we'll offer you some money anyway!!

Keep going girl, you'll get it all in the end.

Hi Deller!!

The plan is to send a reject letter tomorrow that we will only accept this as an interim payment give them a further 2 weeks,making it totally clear that if they do not settle within the given time we will file our N1 with no futher debate!!!What do you think????

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Just read it after we talked Trish.

At the end of the day it's your call but personally I would reject the offer out of hand and warn them that you will issue proceedings if a negotiated settlement can't be reached. £771 is a joke and if you persist you will get the full amount.

Like I said to you on the phone, you cant claim section 69 interest until you actually issue proceedings but faced with that they might just roll over without the need for you to go anywhere near a court.

Be nice, be reasonable because it will all work in your favour if you do end up going to court (which you won't)

You have my number - any questions - ask

Paul

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Hi Deller!!

The plan is to send a reject letter tomorrow that we will only accept this as an interim payment give them a further 2 weeks,making it totally clear that if they do not settle within the given time we will file our N1 with no futher debate!!!What do you think????

I would by all means accept their offer as part settlement only and advise them that you intend to persue the remainder through the courts if necessary.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

However, I would not offer them an extra two weeks, it will be them trying the delaying tactics and it shouldn't be you. They are quite aware of any dealines you've set down and if they don't refund your full claim within these deadlines then you should carry on with the next stage of your claim.

Good stuff, Trish.

And I'm with Deller on the two weeks mallarkey.

Westy

• Haha 1

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Hi Deller , J, Westy!!!

Thank's for your help,encouragement and being there as soon as something new happens!!!Also to paulshieber for trusting me with his number,and the help that was offered!!!You guys are great and I want to say thanx so so much for guiding me trough all this!!!

THANK YOU!!!:p

Its funny really cos I post something and within a few mins one of the 3 of you replies and it's so cool to know that your there.

Anyway I hope your all well and speak s:) :) n!!

Trishx

• Haha 1

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Always at your service. LOL

:) thats what we're for...

See what I mean pmsl!!!:p

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

I like to be as quick as I can.

:D ROFLMAO:D

;)

I like to be as quick as I can.

:D ROFLMAO:D

;)

[/quote:p And cant I tell:p

ROFLMFAO!!!:D

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

On a more serious note Trish, have you decided how you're going to reply??

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Trish, got your pm so here's asuggestion, you say that you don't get paid til the end of the month so try sending this letter about 10 days before pay-day then if no response yo'll be in a position to proceed with your court claim.

Dear Sir

I am writing to inform you that this will be the next stage unless I receive full payment in the next 7 days of the £xxxx detailed in my previous letter to you.

However, please accept this correspondence in accordance with my duty under the Civil Procedure Rules to continue to pursue a settlement without the need to invoke the time of the courts

If you do not intend to defend your charges in court, but hoping that I will "just go away" I should to point out that this will not happen and you will incur further costs against you.

Take note that I will draw the Court’s attention to the fact that you have not made any attempts at settlement in accordance with the overriding objectives of CPR. Furthermore I will submit this letter to the Court as further evidence of your intransigence with my case despite my attempts at settlement and the settling by your company of all other similar claims to date.

Alternatively, in accordance with the overriding objectives of the Civil Procedure Rules I would like to give you the opportunity to settle this issue without the need to take the time of the Courts. My claim is for £xxxx. If you could ensure that this sum is paid into my bank account within seven days I will inform the court that this matter is settled. If you wish to pursue this course of action please telephone me to obtain my account details.

Please do not waste any further time with something you do not intend to defend.

Yours sincerely

Hope this helps!!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Right here a long overdue update.Claim was issued on 2.2.07.The court sent it to the defendant by first class on the 6.2.07 (backlog through strike action lol) and will be deemed served on 8.2.07.The defendant has untill 22Febuary 4pm to reply!!

In the meantime,I have still been giving customer relations the odd call just to see what they say and was told that we should get a letter this week.What kind of a letter I said and the woman on the other end replied "an offer" letter.

So this basically is it after several hiccups along the way......

But me think's we are back on track and it's just a matter of time now (patience time :( )!!Oh,and that supposed "offer" letter has yet to arrive!!! By the way a great BIG Thank you to Hagenuk,who has the patience of a saint and keeping his office open at all times,To Deller for always being there with a reasuring word or two :) !!

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Hey J!!

Great to see your still with us.....

Took a while to get around to the update,but got there in the end....lol.:p

Really do hope it's for the full amount,but who knows with Nat West!!Let me know how u get on as soon as u have any news.

All the best and thanx a bunch for your support!!!

Tx

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Cant wait to see what their offer is, we'll have a response ready no matter what, good to see things are back on track.:D

Thanx Deller,as always:) !!It's great to have you and J along the way for such great support!!It really is a shame that we are so far appart,or we could have got together to have a drink or two to celebrate our claims!!

Speak soon...

Tx

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Well,if your up for it,then lets try and sort something with Deller and try and meet in the middle or something??

:)

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc