style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, I just came back from an Asda store where I tried to refund some asda brand pizzas. They refused me on the grounds that "they don't take chilled products as they have to be chucked away", which contrasts as to what they say on the package. What can I do?

Hi guys, I just came back from an Asda store where I tried to refund some asda brand pizzas. They refused me on the grounds that "they don't take chilled products as they have to be chucked away", which contrasts as to what they say on the package. What can I do?

Why were you asking for a refund (in terms of discretionary vs. stuatory right / mandatory refund).

If a statutory reason they can't refuse on grounds of them being perishable : that is their problem.

If it is discretionary : unlikely you'll succeed in branch if the branch is being awkward, but common sense should prevail : if it hasn't then ask head office why put the comment on the packaging if the branch are going to be difficult!

As these were Asda's own brand they can't claim they might have been bought elsewhere.

It would be helpful to have the receipt or be able to show you paid at that branch (how did you pay if you haven't got the receipt?)

If a discretionary refund : What does it say on the packaging?.

If discretionary but the packaging makes it clear you can expect a refund, I'd write to head office enclosing the packaging. Explain you tried to get a refund in store (where they would have had the product to examine) but that it would not have been feasible to return a perishable product by post, only its packaging [with the production line code so they can trace its batch, if needed].

Edited : as original post makes it clear these were "own brand"

Edited by BazzaS

Asda have a no quibble guarantee. Ask to speak to a manager.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D