Ge money - Secured loan Fees reclaim - **WON AT COURTS DOOR** now after legal fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I'm about to take on GE Money Home Lending for the return of their "arrears/administration" charges and associated interest. Can anyone please point me in the direction of the correct spreadsheet to use to work out the interest on the charges.I've seen a few on here, but am a little unsure as to which one to use.Many thanks.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

I've merged several previous thread where you have gone down this route for advise history.

you need to use the foscisheet

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi - thanks DX I thought it was that one. Got refunded £30 charges in 2011 (£300 in total), but now going for the ones on a current loan of £5000 (including their "interest").Watch this space. I'll keep the thread updated and no doubt be back for more help.....

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

OK, first request for refund of arrears charges and debt counsellor's visits (none of which have taken place) has gone off todayKeep everything crossed for me and I'll keep the post updated as and when I get a response.

jaxads

• 2 weeks later...

Well. got back the standard reply, charges are fair, have been applied correctly to account, enclosed is a copy of your agreement, and we won't be paying anything back to you, nor will we enter into any further correspondence on this matter .......... time to issue court papers I think - only problem is £5k+ of charges, to file papers will be fairly expensive.

Any comments guys??

jaxads

hi - sorry i fthis is the wrong thread but a quick question.

i have had 2 prior mortgages with GMAC one was 2005 - 2007 and the other was prior to that. i have no accounts numbers or anything - is there a way i can claim any charges/ppi back from them.

thank you

hi - sorry i fthis is the wrong thread but a quick question.

i have had 2 prior mortgages with GMAC one was 2005 - 2007 and the other was prior to that. i have no accounts numbers or anything - is there a way i can claim any charges/ppi back from them.

thank you

no limit on PPI

PENALTY charges will need to be within 12yrs from today

start your own thread

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Hi All

Right not been on this thread for a while as have had to fight off SPO on the GE account.

So it's all guns blazing now to sort out the (excessive) charges and interest thereon!!!

I have written to GE requesting a refund (well charges being removed from account, as I still technically owe them)

and received a letter back saying "NO" - as expected.

They've said they won't communicate any further on the matter, but said I could complain to the Ombudsman.

Now, not sure whether to go to the ombudsman (which won't cost anything) or straight to court.

I understand if I get no joy from the Ombudsman that I can then go to court,

but I cannot then go to the Ombudsman if the court rule against me.

Any advice??

Any success out there (GE did refund me £300 a couple of years back for their £30 admin fees).

jaxads

if you mean the FOS

I don't think they like getting involved in charges issues.

dx

and they

The letter from GE Money referred to the FOS, but perhaps it'll have to be the court route?Any successes out there - I'm having a good read around - but any pointers would be great.

jaxads

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok had to put charges reclaim on hold but now back into things ----- have searched and searchd but cannot find a basic "particulars of claim" anywhere. I know I've seen them, can anyone point me in the right direction??Happy New Year to all - hope 2014 is a good one!!!

jaxads

type in shelley

in the search of our top greytoolbar

the credit card poc is almost the same

dx

and they

thank you so much.Will this be ok (when tweaked) for GE Money Home Lending??

jaxads

I think so but it will need checking by one of the more knowledgeable ones first

I would recommend

there are several mortgage charges threads

use our search top right grey bar

dx

and they

Hi allI'm working on my particulars of claim, I've attached a few "bones" giving basic background and am doing lots of reading the forurms etc to include in my POC.If anyone out there can give any pointers / comments, they'd be most appreciated. I'm hoping to get this claim to court by the end of January -- eeeks!!!!

jaxads

Hi, shameless bump !!!could anyone please advise if the draft POC in the last post is on the right track?? I know there's lots of work to do to it yet, just hope I'm getting it right. It's fora claim for mortgage arrears fees on a GE Money account.

jaxads

Yes its fine jax ...get if finished then we can give it a final check.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

thank you Andy, almost there now!!!!Just a quick question --- when does the 8% interest get added on. Or does the court add that on separately??

jaxads

Hi, one more question!!! given that he claim will be over £5000, shall I also add on the charges they've applied for the debt counsellors vists - that never took place?

jaxads

I thought you said one more:wink:

The court adds the 8% sec69 not you but its important you ask for it at the end of your Particulars......and yes you should add any fees...SCT limit is 10K so you are safe within that threshold.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread