• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Post IVA/Default Issues - Credit Report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

In 2007, due to unforeseen circumstances, I entered into an IVA. One of the creditors within the IVA was Halifax. The IVA was successfully completed early in 2010.

Since undertaking the IVA in 2007, I have periodically contacted Halifax and their debt collection subsidiary Blair, Oliver & Scott, to request that default payments appearing on my credit report are zeroed out.

Halifax should be well aware that an IVA was in effect from 2007, as well as completed in 2010, owing to the following reasons:

1) Halifax attended the initial IVA meeting in 2007 and were legally informed of the IVA decision in writing

2) Halifax attended the variation meeting in relation to completion of the IVA on 14th April 2010

3) a copy of the IVA completion certificate was sent to both Halifax and Blair, Oliver & Scott in 2010, 2011 and 2012

On 26th April this year, having noticed my credit report still showed payments defaulting as recent as February 2013, despite dozens of calls to both Halifax and Blair, Oliver & Scott over the course of the past six years, I called Halifax to discuss this issue once again. It was my intention to try and seek redress in one way or the other concerning the distorted figure of outstanding debt on my credit file, as well as harassment on Halifax's part by the continued issue of statements which I am still receiving on an account that now holds a nil balance.

Upon speaking to various people at Halifax last week, it seems I am none the wiser as to how the series of errors on Halifax's part have occurred. I was, however, advised that:

1) By law, Halifax are required to issue statements despite the IVA reaching completion three years ago (despite my account being settled in accordance to UK law)

2) Halifax holds no records of the numerous calls I have placed concerning this matter since as far back as 2007, and

Halifax holds no record of my IVA having been completed

I have a number of concerns, some of which I need advice on, including, but not exclusive to:

1) my credit report indicating I am still defaulting payment on my Halifax credit card account, despite entering into an IVA in 2007, from which time the defaulted debt should have been written down to zero.

2) the continued receipt of statements which are still being sent by Halifax periodically since 2010, following completion of my IVA, despite various calls to Halifax

3) no record of calls made to Halifax with reference to the above issues, despite calling your company on numerous occasions since 2007

Further to the above, I understand a default notice will remain on an individual's credit file for six years from the date of issue. Therefore if a default notice is issued it would remain on my credit file for longer than the IVA, which is due for removal in September of this year. The default entries since 2007, therefore, are to be considered incorrect and entries which have distorted and will continue to distort my credit file for an additional six years following the date of the last default - in this case the last default was in February of this year.

Having written to Halifax once again a couple of weeks ago trying to get my credit file records amended, it seems as though I've hit a brick wall. They have stated that unless I send a discharge certificate there is nothing they can do to amend my records. Having spoken to my old debt management company they don't have any idea what this is and have advised the completion certificate I have sent on numerous occasions should suffice. Upon telling Halifax this, the complaints department advised over the phone that they would be removing all default entires on my account and writing to me notifying me of this. As I didn't receive a letter I called back to be told I would NOT have the default payments removed!

Instead, Halifax wrote to me, but failed to answer questions raised in my original email which were:

1) Why Halifax has no record of my IVA having been completed, despite being in attendance at the variation meeting in 2010, as well being sent various copies of the completion certificate

2) Why Halifax did not write down the outstanding balance to zero in 2007

What Halifax intend to do in relation to readjusting my credit record to remove all defaults since the IVA was agreed in 2007

3) Why Halifax have no record of my telephone calls to them regarding the above - I was previously advised that it may be because I didn't officially state I was making a complaint, but surely owing to the nature of my call, this should have been adjudicated as such by the staff I had been speaking to?

4) Why Halifax still continues to pester and harass me with statements stating that I am failing to make payment, which is causing undue distress

Am I barking up the wrong tree to want to sue Halifax for the above, under the Administration of Justice Act 1970, as well as the Malicious Communications Act 1988, due to the statements which continue to be sent, telling me I have outstanding debt and am defaulting in payment as well as for personal injury - I am registered disabled and the stress this series of events has caused, and continues to, has triggered and contributed to various immune system issues relating to my disability which are medically proven to be brought on by stress - the above events are continuing to have a negative impact on my health.

is there anything else that can be done by way of a court of law in order to receive compensation for:

1) the amount of time it has taken to deal with this issue (beginning 2007)

2) the negative impact Halifax's incompetency in not writing down default entities on my credit report has had on my credit file

3) the impact the past six years of dealing with Halifax has had on my health and wellbeing

I have already logged this with the FOS, but would certainly like to pursue this by other means also. The only issue is that, due to ill health I am unable to work and am on benefits, so the cost of getting a solicitor may be slightly out of my range, unless Halifax were to cover legal costs should they lose any case made against them.

If anyone could offer me any advice it would be very much appreciated.

Apologies for such a long-winded explanation!

Many thanks

Joe

on the summary of the debt on the cra file

what is the default date?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

on the summary of the debt on the cra file

what is the default date?

dx

Hi dx. The latest default date is 31/3/2013 - is this what you mean? The IVA was started in 2007. The same default amount has been displayed each month since then.

Many thanks

Joe

you can only have ONE default, but multiple updates

when is the account listed as defaulted in the summary.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then I wouldn't bother

the whole account will vanish from your cra file totally on the defaults 6th birthday.

and they

have a chat with the ico then.

dx

and they