Problems with LCS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! I had a letter from LCS on Wednesday 8th May (it was dated 2nd May), demanding I pay a debt for the sum of £133.51p. I was unsure what to do and found this site. After reading the advice, I sent LCS a CCA request, including a £1 postal order. That was sent on Friday 10th May (proof of postage taken as per advice).

Today (Monday 13th May) I had another letter from LCS (dated 9th May) telling me that they would take further action as I had ignored their earlier letter.

Now, as I only had their letter less than a week ago (which stated that I had 7 days to reply), I am confused as what action to take next.

Advice would be welcome. Thank you.

What is the alleged debt for?

Have you checked your credit files, what do they say?

Any letters they send with their arbitrary time limits are spat out by a computer and shouldn't worry you one bit.

Keep everything in writing, keep a diary of events and keep all their puerile missives including the envelopes marking them with the date you received them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Why did you send a CCA request? Are we to assume you know what the debt is about, and that it is a regulated credit agreement?

If it’s a mobile phone debt, or a bank overdraft, then a CCA is pointless.

Do you have any idea what it’s about? Need much more info to be of any real help.

Why did you send a CCA request? Are we to assume you know what the debt is about, and that it is a regulated credit agreement?

If it’s a mobile phone debt, or a bank overdraft, then a CCA is pointless.

Do you have any idea what it’s about? Need much more info to be of any real help.

They allege the debt is for a company called Kleeneze. I sent the CCA request because I thought that that was what you had to do first before anything else. Was that a mistake?

But do you acknowledge this is your debt, or do you know nothing about it?

Not sure if a Kleeneze account is covered by the CCA. Doubt it, as I understand it’s just a system where you buy your kit and brochures, and go door to door. Can’t see much credit involved.

If it’s not your account, asking for a copy of any agreement implies it may be. Should have sent the ‘I know nothing about this/prove it’ letter.

is this on your cra file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

is this on your cra file?

dx

No. I checked and it is not mentioned anywhere.There have been no credit searches on my account (current and previous address) for the last 24 months.

Edited by dazed1969

But do you acknowledge this is your debt, or do you know nothing about it?

Not sure if a Kleeneze account is covered by the CCA. Doubt it, as I understand it’s just a system where you buy your kit and brochures, and go door to door. Can’t see much credit involved.

If it’s not your account, asking for a copy of any agreement implies it may be. Should have sent the ‘I know nothing about this/prove it’ letter.

I did have a Kleeneze account some time ago, and you did have to sign a credit agreement as they give every agent a minimum of £100 credit when they sign up. But I had long forgotten about it until the letter from LCS arrived. This is why I sent the CCA letter.

If this is not on your credit file ignore them.

Although now you have sent them a response they will harass the hell out of you.

IGNORE them from now on, but keep a close eye on your credit files.

I did have a Kleeneze account some time ago

When exactly? Are you talking weeks months or years? If years what year?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They wrote back today (17th May) and have sent the CCA. They say it is digitally signed, which I have to assume means I do owe the debt. Is this correct?

If so, which is the next step? I am fully prepared to pay the debt but am on a low income. What letter should I send?

Is this a tick box?

Before making any offer of payment please post a redacted copy of the agreement here, also I suggest that you make an income & expenditure statement for your self so you can assess what you can afford to pay without causing personal and or family hardship.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...