Charges and PPI reclaiming Debenhams card

Happyhippy1959
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guy's

A short while since I posted on here but just to let you know all is well in Hippy land. House was repossessed and sold and made a small profit which went to the second chargee.

Now a quick question, I was paying off a Debenhams card only owe £500 now, CCA was the best I have seen so all water tight there. Now I had a letter saying I paid £124.00 in PPI Some years ago, went for a claim but they refused, told them I would get back to them. Santander have now sold this account to Arrow so I have winged off a SAR to Santander to find out what charges etc and PPI are on this account.

Looking at the calculators if say in 1998 you were charged £25 for a late fee what is the end date you need to put in.????? the same with PPI, What if I suspect it comes back saying PPI paid from 1995 - 1997 do you use that start date and finish date. ?? or would you use todays date as the ending ??? I'm a little lost on this.

As this is such a small amount and I know there are charges on this I could get this finished or down to nearly nothing.

Sorry for being a bit thick on this.

Great to see all the guy's still working hard to keep those sharks at bay.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

The fact that satans bank have flogged this on would immediately set the alarm bells ringing if it were me.

There is obviously something wrong with this or they would have kept hold of it.

Were you in an agreement to pay them a set amount each month before the flogged it?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes Boo,

Have been paying them £5.00 a month started with a £1.00 a month then increased when my situation improved. Never missed a payment, only about £540 left on it. They did send a CCA it looked ok but will give it another glance. I have sent a SAR they have already admitted I paid £124 in PPI which was no blooming good because I was self employed and already had insurance out. They refused a refund so I am going to calculate what they owe when I get the dates with the statutory 8% interest and any late payment fee's. Then offer Arrow a final settlement of probably £100, if they don't accept they can go to court. My secured loan which is no longer secure is over £40k and I have me BR money saved so they can take a hike really.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

So you had an agreement with satansbank?

Then they flogged it to Arrow?

I wouldn't pay anything more than what you had agreed with satansbank. In fact I would drop this right down to £1 a month end of.

And get reclaiming, all that PPI plus charges and the interest I can see Arrow getting rid of this.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!