Confused over N55 received- please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received an N55 claiming a CCJ from Rugby County Court for a £3500 debt.

I have checked my credit report and it shows the only CCJ I am aware of which was via Northampton Court for £1907 which I am trying to sort at the moment.

This N55 attachment says I have to reply or face jail or contacting my employers.

Where do I go with this as I don't believe it is my debt. The N55 also says that if I make any payment against this debt I send it to Drydens Faifax but has no address for them.

Edited by DarlingtonDave

have you the original claim form?

what is on the particulars of the claim?

tell us more about this debt please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so before you got this attachment to earnings order you never gotten anything else?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok you need to ring the court first thing Monday and findout what is going on.

make sure you relate to not receiving any other prior paperwork.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Right I got hold of the court and they have sent me deatails now and say I have to send the N56 back.

They say a judgement was isssued in Rugby on 10/10/2005 and shows the amount I owed of £6900 and the agreement we reached.

This was with cabot I believed but the papers sent don't show this.

It then says a charging order was placed on 26/1/2007 which was discharged on 16/4/2007.

This was when they claimed i hadn't paid but hadn't been in touch.

I went to court proved this to the judge and the money i had that was paid and he found in my favour ordering them to remove charge etc.

I believed that was it and we had finished with this matter and I had paid what we had agreed and heard nothing more until this attachment letter.

They have changed clearly to Kings Hill no.1 and they have placed a charging order again in 11/2011

which again I know nothing about and now I have this attachment of earnings order which the court say I have to complete and return.

I take it I have to return it then which I'll do

but how to I get to challenge this as the court don't seem interested in anything but the N65.

When do you need to return the form to the court, by ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think it should be there by now from original paperwork but the letter received from them last night with the other details they sent just says I must return the completed form. Was going to do it this weekend and send.

An S.O.S has been sent on your behalf.. hopefully someone will pop in soon.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Indeed you must complete the form within the stated deadlines. But you can take other action as well.

Is this honestly the first you have heard of the 2005 CCJ? That is an awfully long time for a CCJ to be on your record without noticing. If you want advice on whether you can get this set aside please give more background information.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No I knew of CCJ in 2007 when I went to court in Keighley.

It came up there with a charging order and supposed missed payments which i thought was for the agreement I had with Cabot for £70/month

but not over a CCJ just what we agreed I hadn't missed payments they had switched DCA I think.

I had tried contacting Cabot but to no avail so kept money aside which I took to court and explained.

I turned up and the judge agreed with me and told me pay what I owed which i did and that they had to remove charging order. Which clearly they did but

now it appears they have placed another one in 2011 and claiming I owe still more which I presume is their bit added on.

The first I knew of anything more was about 6 or 7 months ago

I got this demand from Dryden fairfax claiming I owed them money. I told them to shove off.

They persisted so I requested proof of it sending my £1 etc and about 3 months later a copy of an agreement came through but only the signed page not the whole agreement.

The debt related to a credit card with Sky which is the debt with Cabot I thought was sorted in court in 2007.

some behind the scenes has advised:

I would just complete the N55 but with no financial data and attach all copied correspondence connected to the debt from the court to show it was annulled/dismissedlink3.gif.

Once done he now needs to deal with the CO....

he can then apply to the county courts for it to be discharged.

He should ask the courts for a certificate of satisfaction, and include all evidence of payments/paperwork.

The norm is the Creditor usually informs Land Registry to remove Charging Orders

but on this occasion he would be safer undertaking it himself as they obviously cant be trusted.

and they