• Tweets

• Great, well done. Well done also on managing to talk to the court. That seems to be very difficult for most people nowadays
    • Hi Guys, I need to submit my defense for the MCOL due date is 3rd Dec. I don't know if I need to write so much of the attached and whether the details is required afterwards. Please let me know, if the below is ok to submit. Thanks   ************************ I arrived at Liverpool John Lennon airport around 5:30am on 30th July 2019, to park my car in a prebooked car park, called Imagine Parking, located approx 150 metres from the entrance of the airport building. I paid for the parking and flights in May 2019 (receipt attached) for our annual family holiday to Italy. On entering the airport premises I asked my family to look for any signs to the Imagine Parking, as it was dark and the signs were very difficult to read. Unfortunately neither the satnav nor anyone in the car could find the Imagine Parking. After exiting the airport premises following the one way system and then re-entered it again. Again we couldn’t find our car park and I decided to drive in to the pickup/dropoff  car park to collect my thoughts. I double checked the address and postcode and had entered the correct information and read the directions again. So, I paid the £3 exit fee and drove carefully, this time using my son’s mobile phone satnav, but again the satnav said we had reached our destination, so I noticed the entrance to a car park off the roundabout shown in the photo, thinking it must be our car park, however just as I was entering I couldn’t see any signs saying “Imagine Car Park.” I also noticed that if I drove further into this car park, then I would be driving towards barriers to the car park and there was also a raised kerb dividing the entry and exit for the entrance to this car park, so I stopped in order to avoid getting trapped, this was for a few seconds and as I was about to drive away, I noticed a couple of cabin crew walking towards my car and I asked my son to jump out with the Imagine car park document to ask for directions, but they were unable to help, so my son sat back in the car and just I was about to move, I noticed a minibus with “Imagine Parking” written on the side and managed to follow it to their car park about 100 metres away. As can be seen from the timestamp on the photo’s, it was 5:58am and our flight gate was due to close at 7am (flight was 7:30am) and I was feeling anxious. The timestamp also shows I had stopped to avoid going into the wrong car park at 5:57:23 and followed the van at 5:58:07, therefore a total of 44 seconds. I didn’t look towards gaining any advantage by driving towards the wrong car park. Please note the postcode for the Imagine car park and the airport are the same, the driving instructions, which I had read prior to leaving and at the “dropoff/pickup” car park seemed to make sense, but I still couldn’t see the car park. Normally there would be signs to any private car parks. I made an appeal to VCS Ltd and on their online appeal form, there is a drop-down option for mitigating circumstances “to ask for directions,” however, this seems to be bogus and covert practice to get drivers to reveal their own identity only, it is not a legitimate option for mitigating circumstances. I provided VCS with all the above information with car parking receipt (with dates) for Imagine Parking and the boarding pass for the flight. I even explained the above to the first company debt collecting agency. As can be seen from the above, I tried to get VCS Ltd to cancel the PCN with sufficient mitigating circumstances, to no avail. I’m hoping the mitigating circumstances for turning my car away from the wrong car park for 44 seconds are sufficient to dismiss this claim, however if the courts are minded to the claim of a “breach of contract,” then I would like to contest it on the following basis:- I did not enter a contract knowingly and no terms were offered on arrival. I still haven’t seen the “contract” after 2.5 years. It was dark/dusk and the signs are not lit. Even if it was light, how can a driver read a contract written on the side of a road? How would anybody know they’re entering to a contract by driving on a road to an airport? As a matter of law, only the landowners can issue legal proceedings in their own name, VCS Ltd are not the landowners, merely agents with their own tort of law procedures for parking. If any damages did occur for maneuvering a car for 44 seconds, then how is the value of £160 reached? A parking charge notice was issued, however I did not park anywhere on the roads. The roads are governed by the highways byelaws and therefore VCS have no authority for these roads. I have received 13 letters from 4 different debt collecting agencies for a tort of law claim. I request this case be totally dismissed.
    • Hello,   I did my own research and spoke with the court before taking any action. They have advised me the same as AndyOrch that I'm going to get the judgement amended   I've also informed the bailiffs to suspend their enforcement. I'll keep you updated as to what happens.   Thanks for the help. I'm going to run everything by the court to ensure I don't make any mistakes   They have told me to fill in an N244 form. @Andyorch is this correct?
    • Sorry been a long day at work, but still dont get it.   87Need for default notice. (1)Service of a notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section 88 (a “default notice ”) is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by reason of any breach by the debtor or hirer of a regulated agreement,— (a)to terminate the agreement, or (b)to demand earlier payment of any sum, or (c)to recover possession of any goods or land, or (d)to treat any right conferred on the debtor or hirer by the agreement as terminated, restricted or deferred, or (e)to enforce any security. (2)Subsection (1) does not prevent the creditor from treating the right to draw upon any credit as restricted or deferred, and taking such steps as may be necessary to make the restriction or deferment effective. (3)The doing of an act by which a floating charge becomes fixed is not enforcement of a security. (4)Regulations may provide that subsection (1) is not to apply to agreements described by the regulations. (5)Subsection (1)(d) does not apply in a case referred to in section 98A(4) (termination or suspension of debtor's right to draw on credit under open-end agreement).     88Contents and effect of default notice. (1)The default notice must be in the prescribed form and specify— (a)the nature of the alleged breach; FAILURE TO MAKE MINUMUM PAYMENT (b)if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required to remedy it and the date before which that action is to be taken; £200 TO BE PAID WITHIN 19 DAYS (c)if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach, and the date before which it is to be paid. NO MENTION OF COMPENSATION (2)A date specified under subsection (1) must not be less than [F114] days after the date of service of the default notice, and the creditor or owner shall not take action such as is mentioned in section 87(1) before the date so specified or (if no requirement is made under subsection (1)) before those [F114] days have elapsed. 19 DAYS (3)The default notice must not treat as a breach failure to comply with a provision of the agreement which becomes operative only on breach of some other provision, but if the breach of that other provision is not duly remedied or compensation demanded under subsection (1) is not duly paid, or (where no requirement is made under subsection (1)) if the [F114] days mentioned in subsection (2) have elapsed, the creditor or owner may treat the failure as a breach and section 87(1) shall not apply to it. (4)The default notice must contain information in the prescribed terms about the consequences of failure to comply with it [F2and any other prescribed matters relating to the agreement]. THEY WILL TEMINATE AGREEMENT [F3(4A)The default notice must also include a copy of the current default information sheet under section 86A.] (5)A default notice making a requirement under subsection (1) may include a provision for the taking of action such as is mentioned in section 87(1) at any time after the restriction imposed by subsection (2) will cease, together with a statement that the provision will be ineffective if the breach is duly remedied or the compensation duly paid.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

Moneyclaim & Interest - Help

MondeoST24

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh, well. Its nice to dream sometimes!!!!!

If you found this post helpful please click on the scales, top right. Thank you.

If you find this site helpful and if you reclaim your charges please donate by clicking the button at the top of the page

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

GE Capital - counter claim 6/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Indeed :)

Anyways back to the subject of this thread, the £500 interest

Now I was thinking of replying to the letter tomorrow stating many thanks for your offer however as you know I am entitled to claim interest on this claim under county court acts 1984. This amounts to x. Therefore I would be grateful if you could amend your offer to include this figure.

Possible outcomes?

1. They write back with full offer including interest

2. They write back saying, N1 not completed properly therefore I forfeit the interest - in this instance I write back again saying I am aware of this fact and am submitting N244 and revised N1 (I am entitled to do this right up to judgment and only me can apply for judgment-it isn't granted automatically once the 28 days runs out)

A question for Bankfodder/Dave on this, am I putting myself in any risk with this strategy, I have read Daves announcement regarding offers in full and holding out for the interest however as I understand it this only applies before proceedings have been issued, mine have been - allbeit with a mistake regarding the interest.

Please advise.

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

Another letter from DG Solicitors, offer in full with the interest.

Now we just need to discuss the confidentiality, although I don't think they will want to pay anything for it. No harm asking though.

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Thats great news.

They responded to our claim last week. How long did it take for their solicitors to make you an offer?

If you found this post helpful please click on the scales, top right. Thank you.

If you find this site helpful and if you reclaim your charges please donate by clicking the button at the top of the page

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Not long, about 7-10 days from recieving the acknowledgement of service.

I'm really glad i'm not going to have to mess about with the N244 forms and all that stuff.

Yours should be sorted pretty soon now dont worry.

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

I bet you are. It must be a great result for you. Hopefully we'll hear soon. Will let you know when we do. Thanks.

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

• 5 months later...

MondeoST24 what was the letter you sent to DG regarding the mistake on your claim re interest.

I have just had an offer through from DG for the full amount plus court costs, however not the interest. I included the interest amount in the particulars, but did not add it to the total amount on the other side of the claim...DOH.

I have come up with the following letter, what do you think?

Thanks in advance.

_________________________________________-

22nd September 2006

Ms Julie Klye

12 Calthorpe Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham

B15 1QZ

Re: Account number ********

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Ms Julie Kyle,

Thank you for your letter dated 20th September 2006, offering a settlement of £2271.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, including interest pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8%pa and court costs totalling £2700.31p

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with the County Court claim if necessary.

Although there is a slight error on the claim form, it is clear from the particulars of claim that the amount of £429.31 is due by way of interest and that I request this in addition. I am quite sure that if the matter went to a full hearing, that the judge would award interest to me.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Michael *********

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks