Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I haven't posted in awhile so I will try to keep it brief as possible.


Quick background information.


I had 4 major foot operations, none particularly successful and then I was run over by a car as a pedestrian crushing my operated on foot.


Being previously self employed it left me unable to work and in severe debt.


I received a pitiful amount of compensation which I spent catching up on debts and bills.

To top it off despite being house bound and in a wheel chair ATOS found me fit to work (even claiming I can walk up stairs despite interviewing me in my ground floor flat).


I have been on appeal now for 17 months and receive just £60 a week after the CSA and crisis loan repayments.


For a long time I have been paying Southern water £30 a month which is more realistically than I can afford.

They have been demanding I pay £65 which they say is my rate able value of my one bedroom flat

that has been condemned by Environmental health and the housing associations own surveyor.


I have told them that that amount is not achievable on my income and have asked for a water meter.

They refused saying it is not possible in a flat (they have since fitted one to a neighbours identical property).


I then asked for an assessed rate which they told me would cost me more.


In December they called in their bully boys CSA debt collectors which we agreed to continue on £30 a month.

I struggled and paid £35 a month to try to show I am willing.


Becuase of a DWP error I missed a payment and they are now demanding the whole £768 in one payment.


I am not really bothered about court as I own absolutely nothing so baliffs would be a waste of time.

I don't even own a bed as it rotted away in my damp ridden flat.


Is their any help for people as the water bill is totally out of control. I can't seem to get any help and they constantly harass me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

they can bully as much as they like


they dca's are NOT BAILIFFS ignore them


many people do not know that water is NOT A PRIORITY debt.


do treatthem like a normal debtor...they CANNOT cut you off.

pay what you can [say £25] when you can.


INVITE them to take you to court.


they will LOOSE!! hand down


harassing a disabled person...etc etc



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...