m3lavo

Creation recording default on faulty goods waiting to be fixed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2382 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone help me ? In 2008 we bought a sofa from land of leather, the stuffing in the back of the sofa fell into the corner after 2 weeks and it was fixed by LOL. However, when it happened again (we`d had it 3 months) LOL had gone into administration and as we bought it on a bnpl we contacted the finance company who after a lot of messing about agreed to fix the sofa and then we would pay the cash balance when it was done. Creation the finance company arranged for a repairer to come from solihull but as i work shifts it was hard to arrange for one to come out when im home (Its a 4 hour drive from solihull to were we live and my husband works away from home.) I left this with Creation to arrange but about 2 years ago we started recieveing letters advising the interest was on the account and we had defaulted, after several stern letters to creation, they agreed to remove the defaults and arrange for someone to repair the suite and we are STILL waiting.I looked at Experian credit file this morning and was shocked to discover creation had been regestering defaults for non payment against my husbands credit file since December last year. It is the only default on there and has reduced his credit rating to very poor (every other credit agreement on his file is perfect). We have recieved no correspondance from creation for about 2 years and to be honest Im that sick of chasing them up and wasting my time on phone calls and letters to rude customer service advisors at Creation and not getting anywhere.How do I go about sorting this out ? As I said we are happy to pay the cash price of the sofa when its repaired and thats what creation have agreed to. These defaults on my husbands credit file are worrying me as obviously it will have an impact on anything my husband tries to get credit for and his score was perfect before these defaults were added. Can a company register defaults on a disputed account without any communication with the customer ?Appreciate any help !!Thanks

Can anyone help ?? I`m thinking that as the suite is still unrepaired and they have admitted liability for repair the account is in dispute until the repair is made and then the balance will be paid in full they cannot issue dfaults for non payment so I am going to put this in writing to them . I was just looking for advice on if i am right and how to word the letter.Thanks again

Even if there is a dispute on finance you should always continue to pay the monthly payments. If you have stopped paying then this is why you have been defaulted. Unless you have it in writing an agreement that you do not need to pay until the repair has been completed.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Even if there is a dispute on finance you should always continue to pay the monthly payments. If you have stopped paying then this is why you have been defaulted. Unless you have it in writing an agreement that you do not need to pay until the repair has been completed.

Yes, we do have it in writing that we will pay the cash proce of the suite in full within 7 days of the repair being done. That was the agreement we have made with creation ...We would have defaulted more than 3 years ago otherwise not 6 months ago :)

Also we never stopped making payments as it was on a bnpl. We havent made any payments as they (creation) admitted liability for the repairs before the bnpl ended. They just havent arranged for it to be repaired yet. Therefore, I believe the defaults are incorrect & shouldnt be on my husbands credit file.