Blue badge, contravention 23L Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked in a loading bay from 11.36am to 11.41am and displayed my blue badge

i had a cctv video me and issued a ticket through the post today under contravention 23L parked in a parking place or area not designated for that class of vehicle

i was parking in what they describe as loading place, goods vehicle- lime gro by side of 29 uxbridge rd,

This is Hammersmith and fulham council

i never noticed any lines etc as i just sat in the car for this length of time i thought it would be ok

can i appeal?

Can I ask why you displayed your blue badge? It does not entitle you to park in a loading bay?? Couldn't you have parked on yellow lines which would of been perfectly legal with your BB and clock? By all means appeal if your still within the discount period as you have nothing to lose but I'm not sure you will succeed. The bay appears to be for goods vehicles only.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I parked there because i did not know it was a parking ticket offence, i do not live there and if i had known i would not have parked there.

the loading bay was in a quiet side road, i didnt want to stop on a busy main road as i thought it would be safer and its difficult stopping on Uxbridge road itself to park

i really never thought the council could stoop so low in searching on their cctv for £65, thats more than i get as a carers allowance for my daughter

oh well, you live and you learn

Edited by carolbarrow

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/2524/dft-2011-13-consultation-document.pdf

found this bit of info, because i have never had a ticket for parking in a loading bay before i never knew it was an offence, as i say you live and learn

even so i will appeal

Edited by carolbarrow

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/2524/dft-2011-13-consultation-document.pdf

found this bit of info, because i have never had a ticket for parking in a loading bay before i never knew it was an offence, as i say you live and learn

even so i will appeal

If you can scan the front and rear of the PCN and post the images, somebody here might find detail to confirm the local authority has blundered in the procedure. It might just work.

I think you will find that ignorance is no excuse.

I think you will find that it does explain in the Blue badge handbook about loading bays.

It will be cheaper to pay this with in the first two weeks, it will double if you lose the appeal.

I think you will find that it does explain in the Blue badge handbook about loading bays.

It will be cheaper to pay this with in the first two weeks, it will double if you lose the appeal.

Incorrect. Providing the appeal is lodged within the 14 days of issue, the discount will normally remain for a further limited period if the appeal fails.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Edited by sailor sam

@seanamarts .. No it won't. It will only double if you lose the appeal and then don't pay the discounted rate within the time period given. In other words, nothing to lose by appealing.

A courteous letter, explaining the situation and enclosing a photocopy of both sides of the blue badge - plus "not from this area, won't do it again..." etc. might just get you a cancellation.

Nope,,,I have a Blue Badge..did the same thing....didn't know the area I was in...wrote a grovelling letter and appealed...and ended up paying full amount.

Their reply was basically it's down to the driver to make sure they aren't contravening parking laws no matter where they are. Ignorance is indeed no defence.

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Incorrect. Providing the appeal is lodged within the 14 days of issue, the discount will normally remain for a further limited period if the appeal fails.

Please Note

If they appeal in the first two weeks, you are correct, I understood that an appeal had already been done with the council. I assume that the two weeks have passed.

just emailed my appeal today, i have a lot going on in my life including family law as well as a sick daughter, ive basically begged them to help me and its nothing to do with ignorance at all thats really rude of you to say that, i came on here for advice

i actually believed i was ok to park for 5 minutes or less, yes i should have read the blue badge book but i didnt and even if i did theres too much to remember

I believed that the rate stays at the reduced rate on an appeal

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=56882&hl=

Edited by carolbarrow
to add a link

just emailed my appeal today, i have a lot going on in my life including family law as well as a sick daughter, ive basically begged them to help me and its nothing to do with ignorance at all thats really rude of you to say that, i came on here for advice

i actually believed i was ok to park for 5 minutes or less, yes i should have read the blue badge book but i didnt and even if i did theres too much to remember

Sorry but that is un-called for. Seanamarts was using the term 'ignorance' for the definition of 'lack of knowledge' in a non derogatory way.

You were obviously ignorant (by your won admission) of the fact that you wern't entitled to park there.

But you should still appeal, as suggested within the discounted period.

Please Note

there is also a human right called freedom of speech. so i think were quits.

also having read through some of the posts from people asking for help on here and then reading some of the replies from the same sources that ive had, it does seem this is not the place to come for some friendly advice, after all the law says that you are innocent until proven guilty, sadly there are some quite aggressive answers on here. it also seems that you cant answer a question without name calling, in law that would not happen

Edited by carolbarrow

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=56882&hl=

Wasnt being rude at all.

I don't believe anybody was.

No, just being realistic and telling it how it is. Unfortunately this is a typical reaction from someone who dosn't like what they are hearing. I once offered some friendly advice to someone who had parked on the zig zag markings outside a bank recently only to be told to "mind my own business, i'm only nipping into the bank and I have a blue badge." I nearly kissed the CEO who appeared from nowhere and duly slapped a PCN on her windscreen!

Please Note

i do not sit on page solving problems but if i did i would not judge people, i would probably try and give advice to help them but i would never sit behind a pc and call anyone ignorant, even if they were you just wouldn't say it.

there are some people who might genuinely be unaware of the violation.

enough is enough. No one was calling anyone "ignorant" in a derogatory sense.

Please lets keep it civil and ANY responses to THIS post will be removed.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

enough is enough. No one was calling anyone "ignorant" in a derogatory sense.

Please lets keep it civil and ANY responses to THIS post will be removed.

I explained this in post 14. The OP clearly dosn't appreciate being told the error of her ways and has taken offence at being told so.

Well as unfortunate as that is, I still offered my advice of appealing the PCN anyway, which is our standard advice while still within the discount period. I fail to see therefore, how the OP can feel people are 'judging her' when she is being given fair and reasonable advice as well as being made aware that her BB does not entitle her to park in a goods vehicle loading bay. As someone previously pointed out that all BB holders should be aware of where you can and cannot park in their terms which accompany the badge. As with everything else, it is for the driver to know the law and ignorance of it, is not a valid defence. That of course applies to all road users, not just BB holders.

OK the OP may feel aggrieved at the responses in this thread, but at least she has now been 'educated'.

Despite her feelings, I wish her luck with her appeal and would hope she will come back and tell us the outcome which may help others in a similar situation.

Please Note

Carol

As i am sure Citizen B will atest to, i am the first one to tell someone they are wrong or stupid.

I really think that you misunderstood

Sadly ignorance of the law is no defence. This is what was being said not that you were ignorant.

I also am the first one to take something the wrong way being the sensitive soul i am but even i can't see any insults from anyone other than yourself on this page.

I am sure we are all sorry if you misinterpreted what was said but. imho it doesn't warren an apology from anyone.

If i were you i would send a grovelling letter of apology.

I do have to ask,is the blue badge yours or was the owner with you?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Ok, I am closing this thread now. Carol, your continued reporting of the same posts as you did yesterday, is not funny and wasting site team time investigating is not appreciated.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks