Broken ring ernest jones

davzzp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, my wife's engagement has broken, it's the 2nd time the exact same problem has occurred one of the claws holding the stone has broken and the stone has fallen out. the 1st time this happened it was covered by the extended warranty & the ring was replaced as it couldn't be fixed. unfortunately it is now out of warranty. Im wondering what is the best way to try and get the ring repaired / replaced, would i be covered by the sale of good act? as its the exact same problem that happened to the last one?

Just trying to get prepared before i go into the jewelers.

Many Thanks in advance

Please will you tell us a bit more about date of purchase, value and why it has broken.

Who repaired it before.

Read the info under the extended warranties link

Also have you been back to discuss it with them yet?

Please will you tell us a bit more about date of purchase, value and why it has broken.

Who repaired it before.

Read the info under the extended warranties link

Also have you been back to discuss it with them yet?

The ring was purchased almost 7 years ago but due to the 1st fault the ring was replaced 3 years ago under the extended warranty, original value when purchased was £275 but when it was replaced the value had gone up to £450. I am going into store tomorrow just wanted to get some advice before going in.

Well s.14 of the Sale of Goods Act requires that the ring is of satisfactory quality - which means that it has to be reasonable quality for a reasonable length of time.

The date the ring is protected by SOGA is the date of purchase - not the date of the subsequent repair - you are looking at 7 yrs - which I think is pushing it.

Well s.14 of the Sale of Goods Act requires that the ring is of satisfactory quality - which means that it has to be reasonable quality for a reasonable length of time.

The date the ring is protected by SOGA is the date of purchase - not the date of the subsequent repair - you are looking at 7 yrs - which I think is pushing it.

many thanks