devils advocate - mobile advertising and posting board service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lets say I decided to allow my vehicle to be used for the purposes of advertising or general posting of "items" for public display for a nominal fee. Lets say i had an invitation for others to use the service, the wording being an invitation to "post" items upon the vehicle items with identifiable markings, logos, motifs etc as some sort of advertising board or convenience notification board.

Lets say I had a terms and conditions on public view within my vehicle. That said t+c's invited others to use the service for an outlined fee and that by using the service they agreed to be contractually bound by the t+c's and pay the prescribed fees upon request.

Lets then say some individual then placed upon my vehicle a "PCCN". Would I then be able to charge whomsoever applied the "post" to my vehicle the prescribed fee and then chase them in court should they refuse to pay or acknowledge the debt?

Lets say I decided to allow my vehicle to be used for the purposes of advertising or general posting of "items" for public display for a nominal fee. Lets say i had an invitation for others to use the service, the wording being an invitation to "post" items upon the vehicle items with identifiable markings, logos, motifs etc as some sort of advertising board or convenience notification board.

Lets say I had a terms and conditions on public view within my vehicle. That said t+c's invited others to use the service for an outlined fee and that by using the service they agreed to be contractually bound by the t+c's and pay the prescribed fees upon request.

Lets then say some individual then placed upon my vehicle a "PCCN". Would I then be able to charge whomsoever applied the "post" to my vehicle the prescribed fee and then chase them in court should they refuse to pay or acknowledge the debt?

You can always chase them in court.

You'd be unlikely to win.

No loss or damages to yourself.

No consideration to them. (It's unlikely an invoice in a sticky bag would be enough, particularly as you have already agreed their t&c's when you parked, and are receiving the consideration of a parking space)

I you did go to a judge arguing contract, he'll probably think you're being a smartea*se, and point out the above.

Now, have you gone to your local council to apply for permission to place these adverts in the manner described? there is a fee for this and rules about how and where it is done.

It has previously struck me that these signs are advertisements and should be regulated and notified accordingly. So, ask your local council whether poxyparking plc has got permission to place its adverts all over you local supermarket car park and if it hasnt thenit cannot be said that it is a notice of a contract so no contract can be formed due to it and if they have then it is obviously an advertisement and nothing more!