Tax Credit Letter, scared please help!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2180 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Nicola 19, many thanks for your reply, she has still not plucked up the courage to phone yet as she isnt ready for the questioning can you please give brief details of the sort of questions that they wanted answers too, she hasnt ate or slept properly since she got the letter so any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry not been online for a while, my mum has been really poorly.......

Anyway i would guess by now taxibhoy that you've managed to speak to them, how have you got on?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone I am new to this forum, but I also received a Tax Credit Check letter yesterday and I am petrified to call them do I post my situation here? Or do I make a new subject? Thank you in advance

Hello everyone I am new to this forum, but I also received a Tax Credit Check letter yesterday and I am petrified to call them do I post my situation here? Or do I make a new subject? Thank you in advance

I think you'd be better making a new thread

• 10 months later...

Hopefully somebody can help me too. Received letter stating that the wages total I had declared was £1600 less than it actually was. I received the letter on the 5th and my date for reply was 6th! I was so I credibly dumb to not declare my full wages. The letter says if I agree with their facts, I don't need to do anything. Is this the best course of action for now? i would rather they say pay everything back and stop any benefits they see fit to. I'll be skint but able to sleep. What happens next? Am I likley to go to court? I'm so tired and when I look at my kids I just want to cry. Any advice for my next step would be greatly appreciated.