Westwalian v HSBC

westwalian
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

clare,

surprised you haven't heard of colin - it's colin langdale:

Colin Langdale, Senior Service Quality Officer

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds LS11 0PP

it seems like an offer made by hsbc comes through him, thus we all know his name. and after you file your cliam, when you start dealing with dg solicitors, the most common name is:

Debbie D'Aubney

or debs as we call her - we are running a contest on babs thread to see who can come up with what debs stands for if in fact it is really a computer (like hal in 2001), not much in the way of prizes but it passes the time. come join in the fun!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of Colin but wasnt sure who he was or where he was from, Ive heard his name plenty of times!! Just wondered if he worked for DG or hsbc, thats all! I am also dealing 'with Debs' at the mo!

Also Ive seen the game on Babs' post but for the life of me cant think of anything good to write!! Im just too tired today, maybe tomorow when my brain is functioning properly!!

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Bit of re-assurance please?!!Been reading loads of threads, can't seem to find anyone at the same claim level as myself......submitted my MCOL, a few days later got a letter from 'Col' , he refers to my prem and offering partial settlement, sent a return letter declining their offer and seeking full amount. In the meantime, I've sent Debs another copy of my charges including further charges since the MCOL submission. If I don't receive a reply from either before judgement day, do i just go ahead and press the judgement button? Or am I on the homeward bound with 'Col's' partial offer?

Any advice welcome?;) Thanks again.

No, Id say stick at it and yes press the judgement button when their 28 days is over! But apparently they usually enter at the very last minute!

I think we are at simialr stages? MCOL on the 20th, acknowledged on the 23rd, charges faxed over on the 24th... no offer yet but I didnt send the LBA, just the first letter then went straight to MCOL!

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

westy and claire, i think you will find that if it goes to judgment day - you go the press the button and you will find you can't as dg will have filed an eleventh hour defense. then, you just wait and in a day or two after that you will receive from the court an a.q. (with a deadline of when it needs to be filed and with a little luck, you won't get near that date and so won't have to file it), also a copy of dg's defense (it is exactly the same wording on all of them - so file it under tripe), and a change of court to probably your local court (don't panic, this is all part of the process - the number of people who have gotten that far(court) is miniscule, really, really tiny and on-going and not little fish like you guys). you then have until the next deadline to file the a.q. - we'll talk you through that later if it gets that far. if you've sent your breakdown to dg - just sit tight, or if you want to claire - call them "just to make sure they received your breakdown", you've asked about calling them before - or was that the other claire - you won't hurt anything if you do, let us know what they say if you do. it's still just waiting time.

Thanks Lateralus for your prompt response, it's good to have words of encouragement. I'm just curious how mine will go now having a partial offer from 'Col'? What's intriguing with this process that everyone's claim is not consistent eh?!:roll:

Let me know what they say Amanda! Ive been wanting to call them since I faxed the charges over 10 days ago but im to scared! lol

the thing about the offers - it's colin (i think he is chief offer man) that is a bit inconsistant. i was the same, prelim letter, nothing, lba, you think nothing - but you file 14 days after the lba and a couple of days AFTER you file you hear from colin - it's just their slow way - and it's a puny offer (generally around 80%), i honestly don't think the bank and dg are coordinated at all (even though dg works for hsbc and is in fact part of hsbc), you are hearing from and declining an offer from the bank - when, in fact, as soon as you file - dg becomes their representative and the offers from that point come from their office. many have commented on the overlap - and some think the colin offer is in response to the mcol - it isn't - it's a slow response to your lba (where you clearly stated you were giving them 14 days - but they clearly move at their own pace), in my mind - the only reason to even respond to that slow lba offer is so they and you have a record of what's gone on if it ever were to get as far as the court. i've never heard of them actually giving that offer as a partial - when you don't take it as a full offer - it just vapourises. that offer is meant to get to you just before you file (if you are wavering and haven't done it just exactly on 14 days - it may be pretty well timed), it is meant to weed out those who are shying away from filing - and it probably works to some extent.

all this is just what i've picked up by reading loads of hsbc threads.

back to you guys - i also would like to know what they say if you call ...

"just to be sure you have received my schedule"......

good luck.

amanda, bet you won't even need that aq info - but, good girl for keeping one step ahead of the game - wish more would!

Hi all

Still waiting............Xmas cards are landing on my mat but I want THAT letter!! Left a message with Debs to ring me back to confirm that she's had a copy of my revised charges (charges incurred since the original list sent), still no reply.:| Will attempt to bell her tomorrow. My MCOL days are up next week, a tad stressed at the mo with organising a family Xmas party, work being MANIC, and monitoring my claim......whew!

Hello all!

I'm back on-line, had problems with my laptop and it drove me nuts!! Been trying to update myself on all the threads, so pleased that Babs got her offer, I'm just behind her on my claim. My 28 days,(22.11.06 they had their ack of service with their intention of defending) is looming, still no response even though I've responded to their partial offer. If my calculations are right, they've got until tomorrow? Yikes!! :eek: Clare1981, how are you getting on?

ok, westy, no problem. i know you've read it all, you're a good 'un.

i'm having a brainwave here - i'm pressing people to send a copy of your breakdown (yes, again!) at this point, when they defend - just to bump you up and keep you at the top of the list. send it now: try here [email protected] or [email protected] (from dg). with a little: I enclose my breakdown of charges relating to claim XXXX for your information. short and sweet.

Just another quick question.....I'm due to be charged for further charges over the next couple of days.....can I include them on my revised list of charges?

You can only include them upto when you file the claim, After that you will need to submit a N244 to amend the claim this will cost £35 which you can not recover. The best thing to do is start another claim. Hope this helps.

Hi Livelylad......just thinking! I sent a copy of my charges to the court on the 17.11.06 and another copy to Debs on the 28.11.06. I rang her and got through to her colleague on the 12.12.06 to ask her to check if they got my copies and she would check and come back to me....still waiting! I've tried to ring again the Debs is away until the 3rd Jan! I've left another message for her colleague to ring me. Do you think I should send yet another copy of the charges?

Hi Livelylad......just thinking! I sent a copy of my charges to the court on the 17.11.06 and another copy to Debs on the 28.11.06. I rang her and got through to her colleague on the 12.12.06 to ask her to check if they got my copies and she would check and come back to me....still waiting! I've tried to ring again the Debs is away until the 3rd Jan! I've left another message for her colleague to ring me. Do you think I should send yet another copy of the charges?

Ok you have to go with the copy you sent when you filed MCOL. that is the amount you are claiming. As long as you sent a copy to the court and their solicitors then you will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

First time to log on for nearly a fortnight, managed to find an internet caff! Been having huge problems with my internet provider beginning with the word A!!! Had massive row with them this morning, need to find another one! Anyway, let off steam now..............my current position is - had offer from DG just before Xmas which I've accepted last week, sent my response to DG recorded delivery. Nothing in the post this morning, my AQ is due on the 7th Jan, will hang on till Thurs to submit. Left message with DG to contact me this morning with a view of finding out how long will it be before I get my well earned dosh!! Still awaiting a response. :| The end of the tunnel is nearly there?!!!