Duplicate CCj's from Bryan Carter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As some of you are aware I have been in the process of dealing with some of my debts. Largely due to a misspent youth. I am now trying to deal with each of these debts. I have 5 CCJ’s in total of which I have settled 2 in full. (therefore I have not listed these debts)

Please see below the information that the court has supplied me with in relation to these debts:-

Claim Number: ****901

Claimant: EGG PLC

Claimant’s solicitor: BRYAN CARTER SOLICITORS LLP

Telephone: 08453133125

Reference: EGG/***2256

Amount £297

Date of Judgement 14/06/2007

Claim Number: ****4448

Claimant: ARROW GLOBAL GUERNSEY LIMITED

Claimant’s Solicitor: BRYAN CARTER SOLICITORS LLP

Reference: EGG/0***5372

Date Of Judgement 24/07/2007

Amount £2287

Claim Number: ****74451

Claimant: ARROW GLOBAL GUERNSEY LIMITED

Claimant’s Solicitor: BRYAN CARTER SOLICITORS LLP

Reference: EGG/***2256

Date of Judgement 19/12/2008.

Amount £1794

I phoned Brian carter regarding the two judgements that I had received for claims ending 901 & 4449 in October and made two separate £50.00 payments via direct debit from October 2007 monthly until May 08 when the direct debit was returned and I buried my head in the sand.

Because the original claim ending 901 was only for part of the debt £297 by my reckoning I’ve paid more than was due because BC split the debt?

Also it appears Egg then sold the debt to Arrow Global who then issued a Separate CCJ for the whole debt again through Brian Carter.

One further piece of information as that both these debts have subsequently been sold by Arrow to Lowell Financial who have closed their files because Egg could not comply with my CCA Request.

What should my next course of action be?

As always I’m very grateful to you all for your help. I’m not as concerned about case ending 4448 because it should ‘Drop off in a couple of months)

Thanks again.

Kev

Lowell obviously did not know about the CCJ's, as once the CCJ has been granted a CCA req is not relevant as such. The debt becomes a CCJ.

I would think that these debts are in the process of being sold or passed back to Arrow. By the time you hear anything, the 6 years they have to enforce the CCJ may be passed.

I think you need to look at your credit record to see how these debts are registered. It should show who is currently dealing with the debts.

What are you looking to do exactly. Your post is not clear. You mention 4449 and then don't list the debt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Lowell obviously did not know about the CCJ's, as once the CCJ has been granted a CCA req is not relevant as such. The debt becomes a CCJ.

I would think that these debts are in the process of being sold or passed back to Arrow. By the time you hear anything, the 6 years they have to enforce the CCJ may be passed.

I think you need to look at your credit record to see how these debts are registered. It should show who is currently dealing with the debts.

What are you looking to do exactly. Your post is not clear. You mention 4449 and then don't list the debt.

Apologies the first and third are for the same debt with the same credit card number but BC split the claim initially I paid the original amount 297. The debt was then sold and BC issued a claim for the outstanding amount.

I want to try and get rid of the second ccj they issued because I paid the partial claim in full...

Apologies the first and third are for the same debt with the same credit card number but BC split the claim initially I paid the original amount 297. The debt was then sold and BC issued a claim for the outstanding amount.

I want to try and get rid of the second ccj they issued because I paid the partial claim in full...

Without seeing the particulars of claim for both, it is a bit difficult to say. Was £297 purely the default sum and £1794 the balance remaining including interest ?

If you have the particulars of claim from when the claims were originally issued, can you post up the details.

The problem is that they have a CCJ and you would now have to try to get it set aside based on reasons as to why you did not defend the court claim. e.g not received the court claim form, ill health at the time. It would be difficult to get the CCJ set aside, even if there is a problem with the details, but there may be other applications you can make to the court, to have the debt amount checked.

This post would be better in the legal issues folder. Will alert the site team, who may move it there, so those more aware of court applications can answer.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

aha the old brian carter split claim trick

plenty on here about it too

I think its unlawful too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

aha the old brian carter split claim trick

plenty on here about it too

I think its unlawful too

dx

Unlawful. But after over 4 years without any action being taken by Flynnkev1 (OP) by making a relevant application to the court, then I am not sure what can be done. This is not going to help them. At the moment although the CCJ's are on record, there does not appear to be any enforcement activity going on, but the OP wants to deal with them.

Any advice ? My personal thoughts are that unless the OP can negotiate settlement of these debts with current debt owner is to leave them be. The CCJ's are on the credit record, but Lowells after being sold the debts, did not continue after a CCA request. Perhaps these debts are in the process of going back to Arrow, as they should never have been sold. At some point I think someone will chase payment on behalf of Arrow.

The problem in making court applications to deal with the CCJ's by the OP is that it keeps them active, there will be court fees involved and at the end of the process they will still have a payment arrangement to be made. The CCJ's will still be on record. Asking for a set aside of the CCJ, after 4 years would be a non starter in my opinion, as the OP has known about them for years.

if the op can sit on it , prob best.

its been a while since we've had one here.

I wonder if the debts are legit anyhow

most were not.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In All honesty I was aware of the first CCJ from Egg themselves only after receiving the judgement i didn't receive the claim form. It was a partial claim and stated that they could pursue me for the remainder of the outstanding balance. I paid in total £300.00

The claim by arrow after egg had sold them the debt for £1794 (the remainder) in 2008 I was completely unaware of until last week when i wrote to the court asking them to list the debts.

I do know the debts themselves have been sold to Lowell but they are unaware of any CCJ's

Thanks for your help guys

Kev

Bryan Carter and his split claims, CCJ's being awarded then sold on to another DCA!!!!!!!

Totally unlawful.

The ONLY person who you should be paying the CCJ too, is the one named on the Judgement.

The selling on of CCJ's is IMO contempt of court, and AFAIK, they would need to go back to court for the CCJ to be altered, there is a word for it, but my head is cloudy this am....:frusty:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

if the debtor continued to pay the same level to the new owner

then sadly they've accepted the arrangement.

if however no payments have been made to the new owner of the CCJ

then they have to go back to court and their name subst

as far as I understand it.

dx

and they

• 8 months later...

Excellent news :)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D