Power2contact/ my Cap1 Debt

jboyd83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did it say they will visit or call wednesday? if visit and if ever they did, suggest you go upstairs with a bucket of contents from pot under bed and sluse it out of the window at an appropriate time>?

:lol: My grandfather actually did that once. It must have been in the 30s when my mum was a little girl. She clearly remembers him doing it to people who were making a suspicious noise outside. He thought they were burglars. They left with more than they expected. :lol:

Love this forum, makes me feel like I can take on the world when Ive got you lot to back me up ;)

send the doorstep letter as D.D, states and your further covered, no need to mention asking for Mansion Red Lead Paint for the step.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I think I just automatically thought 'calling' was a doorstep visit but possibly not....oh well whatever they do they'll be ignored either way :)

That is what they hoped you do and then ring them!! all part of the threatogram - the idiots.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I have just received my 'bumf' from capitalone regarding my SAR.

There is sooooo many pages of information I havnt a clue where to start..

..there are screen dumps, copies of letters to and from and also a list of statements and ins/outs.

Can someone please point me in the right direction what I do with it now (as in claiming back or whatever I am supposed to do) as I am a bit overwhelmed?

look for FIXED sum penalty fees and PPI in the statements

go any?

late/over/letter/phonecall?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX, yes I have some PPI, some late payment fees etc...

In which case you need to start completing the spread sheets. You will find the PPI information in the links in dx's signature and also the spread sheet that you need to complete.

Charges and PPI should be two separate claims.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

am I correct thinking I may have to pay court fees for claiming these charges back?

I have also just received a letter from Fredrickson International 'letter before action' regarding said debt.

Not sure how to proceed....definitely don't have the money if its going to cost me an initial outlay to try and claim such charges back....?

Any advice?

not unless they refuse and even then it wont cost much.

cap1 typically cough on charges/ppi anyhow without ccourt

did you get that spreadsheet done?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have to be honest Dx I havnt done it.

..I have so much on my plate right now I'm feeling totally overwhelmed,

I have coursework deadlines to meet by the end of this month or I wont get into uni next year,

allsorts that needs done in my home as we havn't long moved house and so many debtors who need seeing to that I just keep avoiding it

all because there's so much info to take in.

I think I'm going to have to take the view to tackle these Cap1s at the minute and forget the rest for now.

I could cry when I look at the pile of letters that I keep stapling to each other...it just feels like a never ending task.

Anyway, that's my whinge over,

I have a roof over my head and a lovely family which is a damn site more than some do and I'm certainly nt the first to be feeling like this.

Need to stop avoiding and start doing.

Thanks a lot.

I do know how overwhelming it is, but if you don't respond they may well start proceedings and that will be a lot worse to deal with.

Just try and decide what you will deal with on each particular day and make a list. Doesn't matter if you don't finish all the tasks; at least you will have done some.

Obviously the coursework deadlines are very important too, but this Cap1 situation isn't going to go away so, as you say, that has to be tackled now.

Right,

I have looked on the main forum for the spreadsheet as I wasn't sure which of Dx's signature links it was

...I got to a wiki link but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for .

I have found a 'Credit Card excel spreadsheet' sticky..

..it seems very straightforward,

is it really as easy as putting the charges in and it will calculate?!!!!

Is this one it?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/Spreadsheets/England/BankChargesOO.ods