Power2contact/ my Cap1 Debt

jboyd83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys can someone please help me with this.....

Just so you know I try to post each of my queries on different debts seperately to avoid confusion.

I have an outstanding debt with Capitalone which they have now defaulted.

This has been passed to Cougar financial and I have recieved a letter from Power2Contact today on behalf of Capital one

telling me if I do not contact them within 72 hours they will contact me at my property.

Luckily for the moment they dont know my new address as I have just moved 3 weeks ago

but I will be informing Capitalone when I know where I stand with this.

Im panicking now incase they try and take my belongings/enter my home etc...

.can someone please explain what rights and or legal standing they have please??!!!

My intention has always been to repay but it doesnt sound like I have time no to send a letter

and for them to respond before this 72 hour deadline. I

m not ringing them but want to know what my next steps should be and if I should be worried......:!:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im panicking now incase they try and take my belongings/enter my home etc....can someone please explain what rights and or legal standing they have please??!!!

Well you can stop panicking. P2C have no legal rights over you and cannot enter your home and cannot take anything that belongs to you.

These are simply doorstep collectors who will try and get some money from you. They are generally on a commission for doing so.

You are perfectly within your rights to tell them to "do one" if they do turn up. More often than not, they don't turn up.

In order for someone to come into your home they would need to take you to court, win and then you not comply with the court's judgement.

So, tell us the history of this debt please.

Knowing CAP1 there will be penalty charges on the account which you can claim back.

Phewff!!!!

Thanks so much for that....I suspected as much the intimidating little sods grrrr.....

Ive posted about my debts as I started this long journey but heres a breakdown of this one...

.myself and hubby have lived on Student loans and benefits alone for a long while now and I decided enough was enough and stopped paying my debts as we were drowning.

The plan has been with all debts to wait until they defaulted then make some payment arrangement,

this was so that on our credit files the 6 year drop off begins as soon as the default is registered rather than with an arrangement to pay status

which wouldnt start the 6 year drop off until its satisfied.

So, they sent lots of letters, phonecalls which I blanked and have issued a Notice of Default and have now defaulted.

I have only received some of these letters just yesterday as we moved house about 3/4 weeks ago

- my neighbour asked the workmen( who are in our old house doing odd repairs for the next tenant)

if she could have my post to give me, which they had stacked up.

I have all the letters that have arrived whilst we have been in new house so just sorting through them all really and trying to tackle everything in priority order.

This letter is dated 7 May 2013 from Power2Contact regarding the Capitalone creditcard.

Anything else which may help you to help me then just ask :)

Just wondering what to do now really ?.... :)

Just wondering what to do now really ?

Well my answer would be "not a lot at the moment"...certainly not in respect of P2C.

So, this Cap1 debt...have you got the statements for the account?

Any £12 late payment or over limit fees on there?

When was the last payment made on the account?

Hi ims21,

ok so the last payment was months ago,

Im not certain when but can find out .

I dont have the statements as I just chuck them as of recently,

used to keep everything in folders but got peed off squishing them all in files along with the rest of my life on paper...

Therell definately be charges and fees I know that for certain.

Would you say I should SAR them to get my file and the claim back the charges etc

?Also slightly concerned that they may call at old address when new tenants are there who may send them round my way....

As I say, if they do pitch up tell them to get lost.

You need have no fear of P2C...I can 100% assure you that they are completely toothless.

I know that you said that you have every intention of paying what you owe and in order to do that it would be wise to establish what you do actually owe, i.e. the figure with the charges and associated interest removed.

If you don't have your statements any longer then a SAR to Cap1 would be the way to go.

Hi should I send a letter to these people telling them I dont give permission to contact me at my home, or would they not take any notice either way. (I know they have no authority to do anything, just wondering if it would stop them turning up?)

Also...should I send a CCA request to Capital one/Cougar/power2contact?

Thanks alot

You could put a formal change of address letter in with your SAR.

Don't forget, they will probably let the other agents know your new address.

As you said, you are happy to pay them what is actually due so you are going to have to let them have your new address at some stage.

Ok, will do. Well, I am happy to pay them what we can afford....which isnt much, but thats what we can manage and until our situation changes then it will have to do. No worries about them having our new address as from what I can gather as long as we are paying something then they would be wise to accept this?? Am I right?

Cheers

Yes, they can't have what you haven't got.

Even if they took you to court, a judge would not require you to pay more than you can afford (after all of your priorities like rent/mortgage, food, utilities etc.)

• Confused 1

Hi all, would anyone advise to CCA this debt to see if it enforceable before agreeing a repayment arrangement?

If its unenforceable Id rather take advantage of that rather than be paying a pound a month forever...?

Ok I have re-read this thread after getting sooo muddled and lost with all my threads and debts.

As it was opened after 2007 Im going to wait for this SAR to be replied to and then will update when I have that....doing as Im told ims21 thankyou :)

And thanks Daniella :)

It is so easy....and I do feel like a pest when I keep asking questions, just worried and want to take the best route to help lift this stress. Thankyou all, you probably dont realise just how helpful you all are, its an absolute godsend this site.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to update and check what I should do (if anything) ...Cougar have sent a yellow card to our new address for my hubbys Cap1 debt informing me they are to visit on Wednesday......should I do anything, what do I do if they knock?

Thanks guys n gals :)

Just to update and check what I should do (if anything) ...Cougar have sent a yellow card to our new address for my hubbys Cap1 debt informing me they are to visit on Wednesday......should I do anything, what do I do if they knock?

Thanks guys n gals :)

did it say they will visit or call wednesday? if visit and if ever they did, suggest you go upstairs with a bucket of contents from pot under bed and sluse it out of the window at an appropriate time>?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: