Help with Iqor (PayPal debt)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I've never had any debts before so not really sure how to deal with my situation so if anyone could give me a few pointers I would be very grateful.

I have a debt with PayPal for around £800 (completely my fault and don't dispute it in the slightest). I did email PayPal a few times stating that although I accepted the debt, I couldn't afford to pay it all off in one go as they wanted. The contents of my emails were ignored and I just had a standard 'return your balance to zero immediately' making no mention to my email.

Anyway, this morning, I received a letter from a debt collection agency (Iqor) and to be honest I'm terrified. They are telling me I need to repay them immediately or they will pass it to their legal department and may arrange for someone to visit me at home.

I really don't want some debt collector turning up at my home as i only work next door so someone from work could see / hear them.

Does anyone know how likely Iqor would be to agree to a repayment plan if I was to ring them and tell them I can't afford it in one go - £50 a month say?

Thanks for any help. :)

Doorstep collectors have no powers.

If you owe this amount, then arrange with Iqor to pay by instalments. You could write to Iqor advising that you need to pay this amount by instalments over x number of months and if they provide standing order details, you will arrange this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Iqor are not able to take you to court - they are only acting on behalf of PayPal.

I think as you have attempted to enter into an arrangement to pay with PP, then they might find they have breached pre action protocols..

On the off chance that Iqor do exceed their authority and send someone to your home, just ask them to leave. They have absolutely no right whatsoever to send anyone. Do NOT let them in.

As advised, work out what you can afford to pay (without affecting any of your priority debts) and tell them that you will make a payment of £x amount each month. Ask for their bank details so you can set up a standing order/online banking . Do not give them your bank details for a direct debit. Alternatively ask for a paying in book.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D