Jump to content

CB-ESA-WRAG After 365 days?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi there,


I feel a little rude coming straight in to ask a question, I hope it's ok. I'm feeling worried and confused and not sure what to do.


I am currently in receipt of CB-ESA-WRAG and it ends on 20th June. I'm assuming this means I'm being classed as fit for work?


I have, amongst other things, chronic sciatica and bladder incontinence as a result. I am also in the middle of a rather difficult withdrawal from prescription painkillers that were over-prescribed years ago. Between the pain, incontinence and agony of the withdrawal, I spend much of my time in bed, conked out on medication to help nerve pain and the withdrawal. I believe I have a lot to offer the workplace (not to mention how desperate I am to earn my own money again) but all I could offer right now is countless sick days, bad timekeeping because I get so sick and to be honest, I want to get better, not cripple myself even more and end up relying on painkillers to get me through again.


What options do I have, if any? My JC personal adviser isn't much help and is rarely in the office. When we do speak, he tells me he's sending all these forms but obviously forgets as they never arrive. I feel a little lost with it all and could really use some advice on what to do.


I'm not sure if this is relevant but I'll share it anyway. I'm single, I have no other income and I live with my brother who rents privately and I pay towards the bills and food out of my ESA. I do not claim any other benefits.


Thank you for taking the time to read this post, I really hope there's a way to get through this and I appreciate any advice or help you can give me. :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your ESA ending won't be because you're fit for work. After one year, BC ESA WRAG ends due to contributions running out.


If you don't have a partner, you can claim income based ESA. There isn't a time limit on this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, thank you for the clarification and advice. Would I just need to ask for a form and fill it out? And is the IB ESA medical based, as in, do I need to attend bi-annual medicals with ATOS? Thanks again Nystagmite.

Link to post
Share on other sites



ESA1 claim form (via a work capability assessment) to an award of employment n support allowance with the work related activity component or;


Conversion award from incapacity benefit?


If you've already completed an ESA1 form, and there's no change of circumstances, the transfer (for eligible claimants who've no other income or savings over £6,000) to an income related award of employment n support allowance should be automatic.


If you're in receipt of a conversion award from incapacity benefit, you'll need to get hold of and complete an ESA3 form which should be available on request from your benefit delivery centre, or if you can't get hold of one (cos we're running out of them :roll:) CAG has a downloadable and printable copy at #7 of;




Transfer from contributations based to income related employment n support allowance doesn't involve a trip to Atos unless you were due one anyway.


Best wishes, Margaret.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...