Gothia? BCW placed new account+default on my CRa file using address bnot ever mine!! - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all.

I'm posting for some advice, I've searched around, and I can't seem to find anybody else in the same predicament.

I'm a monthly paying member of Experian.

Last week I received an alert saying my information had been changed.

I logged on to find that a company named "Gothia LTD" have registered a default against my name for £51!

This is in my name,

but the address they have supplied for me is INCORRECT!

It's not a previous address, or a linked address.

It's just INCORRECT.

I have NO IDEA who they are, and have certainly never had dealings with them.

I called Experian to report this who said they would contact them and investigate.

They also recommended I contact them personally too see if I could sort it out. I did.

The person on the end of the phone was less than useless.

I think he was probably a new member of staff, he didn't sound very confident. I explained the situation.

He faffed about, trying to stick to his script I imagine, until he got so flustered he put me on hold.

He then, after a while Transferred me to "Lisa at Buchanan, Clark and Wells" I don't know why.

I again explained the situation. Lisa, better at sticking to her script,

repeatedly tried to get me to pay a random £51 and that if I did,

the default would be marked as satisfied.

I had to interrupt her after a while and be pretty assertive to make her shut up for a minute and LISTEN.

I explained that I have never had any dealings with either company,

and that as they had INCORRECT details for me,

it would have been IMPOSSIBLE for them to contact me.

I asked her to explain what they were supposedly chasing

(I must be right in thinking that the Debt must be pittance as I assume these agencies would have added costs to make the £51 total)

She relied. "A debt from Wonga"?!

I have never even watched an entire TV advert for wonga, never mind used their service.

She then changed her mind and told me it was H&M, as in the clothes shop.

I asked her how I could possibly owe a clothes shop any money.

She said it must be a store card.

H&M DO NOT DO STORE CARDS. Or any other means of credit as far as I know.

Unfortunately I couldn't get much sense from her,

in the end I asked her to send me proof of any debt then I hung up.

SO, to summarise...

I have a default on my otherwise okish Credit File from companies I've never heard of,

who couldn't possibly contact me to let me know they're chasing me for money.

They can't seem to tell me who they're chasing for, and I don't think they even know who they are.

Any advice?

I would really appreciate it.

I was supposed to be applying for a mortgage at the end of the month.

That's not going to be able to happen now.

How can a company just throw a Default around so easily.

Especially as they can't or won't prove that I owe anything,

and that they could'nt possibly contact me to let me know.

Thanks guys!

ok bear with me here

are there any debts from a previous copy of the CRA file that have moved or gone and come back?

if this IS the wrong address

you need to EXPLICITALLY demand PROOF from Experian that the data they carry is CORRECT

it is NOT>

they MUST remove it.

can I suggest we how far this has gone

can you get your noddle report too please

its free

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly DX.

I've just gone through the Noddle credit reference. The new Default is NOT shown. I have an overall 3 out of 5 rating. Although there is a default from four years ago that doesn't show on my Expeiran report. I never said I was a saint!

What I don't get, is that they have the wrong address for me, but have logged this incorrect address on my Credit file. When all my other accounts contain accurate information.

Do I need to make a request to experian for them to prove that the information is correct?

How accurate of a report is Noddle in comparison to Experian? I currently subscribe to experian. If Noddle is free, and gives me all the info I need. I could close my Experian account and save £15 a month!

Hi dx 100uk has alerted me to your thread.

Have you been contacted in writing by Gothia about this yet?

Or have you had any contact from Wonga?

Or H&M?

I think what is required here is a formal complaint to Gothia if there is no evidence of any agreement between you and either of the companies mentioned by the CRA.

I can draft a letter for you tomorrow to challenge this and work towards getting this entry removed!

Please let me know if you want me to do this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I have had no contact from any of the companies I have mentioned. The Credit file alert is the first I know.

I have not been contacted in writing. They couldn't contact me, the address they're using is incorrect. Again, I must stress that it is not an address I have lived at previously, it's just incorrect. As I said, all other entries on my CF show my correct address. So surely if they were chasing me for money, they could find my correct details from searching my report? I don't know, I'm rambling.

A letter draft would be fantastic, but I'd feel bad to put you out like that! If you're sure you're okay to do it. That would be a great help.

Do you think that's the best route to take? Do you think I'm in this for the long haul, or do you expect it could be cleared up pretty quickly?

Hi, it's no problem at all.

I think given the ''confusion' as to the alleged original creditor this needs to be killed of asap!

I will draft a letter pm tomorrow.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks ever so much. The rapid help is appreciated.

No problem! Watch this space.

Hey there,

I don't want to hassle anyone. I understand you're probably helping more than a few people out at the moment. I just wondered if there was any update on the Draft letter you offered to write for me?

Any update would be greatly appreciated. I'm keen to get the ball rolling to get this sorted out.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kieran,

Not forgotten just had to undergo a large number of test in hospital so I'm playing catch up at present, will get this sorted tomorrow for you.

Hi Kieran,

Private & Confidential

FAO The Data Controller,

Gothia

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx

Date xxxxxxxxxxx

Ref: Use theirs.

Sir Madam ,

Formal Complaint. / Copied to BCW Ltd.

Sir Madam,

I refer to recent contact regarding data being filed under my name on credit reference files held by xxxxxx d credit reference agency, I have no knowledge of any liability to Gothia /BCW and do not acknowledge any liability to Gothia or any company it may claim to represent .

Formal Notice of Disassociation.

I xxxxx xxxxxxx formally state that I am not the debtor concerned in regard to this alleged debt, the address stated is not one at which lived at anytime , nor is an address of which I have any knowledge or link to.

I have not at anytime received any contact verbal/ written/text/or e-mail from either Gothia or BCW and I require the immediate removal od all adverse data from ALL credit reference files to which this damaging data has been reported.

I have been made aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and refer you to section 3. Deceptive and unfair methods: (of debt collection):

Section 3.9(a) Sending demands for payment, by any means, to an individual, when it is uncertain whether that he is the actual debtor:

Section 3.9 (j): Requiring an individual to prove he is not the actual debtor who owes an outstanding debt.Y

You are also directed to section 3.21 sections (a) (b) ©: all of which apply in this case:

Section 3.23 (a) (b) (f) (g) (h)

are obviously breached in this case and I'm sure Gothia/ BCW are fully aware or at least should be of these sections.

Now doubt Gothia is also familiar with the Data Protection 1998 and the ICOs criteria for placing defaults if not you should refer to them immediately.

For clarification and the avoidance of misunderstanding, I am not the person liable for this alleged debt, I have no knowledge of the companies involved in placing defamatory data on my credit files. I do not accept any liability to Gothia or any company it may claim to represent.

I now REQUIRE Gothia to remove all adverse data from ALL credit reference agency files immediately and to confirm that it has done so in writing.

Failure to comply will result in complaints to the FCA, OFT and ICO with immediate effect.

My next course of action is to require Gothia to make financial redress for the stress and anxiety it has caused me by submitting defamatory data to the CRAs, and considerable damages for the detriment to my credit profile and any consequential losses.

I would expect a prompt and suitable response as soon as possible.

This letter is sent by RM recorded /signed for mail and its receipt will be checked.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

Your thanks and a successful outcome are repayment enough.

Good Luck

Brig.

don't count your penguins yet

this is gothia you are deal with here

pass the braincell...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...