HELP! HELP! Being driven mad by GE Money!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 4 years ago, we had some financial problems and GE Money tried to repossess our house. The matter went to Court and we got the Warrant suspended on payment of the monthly payment plus an amount off the arrears calculated by the Judge on the Norgren principle. Since then we have not missed a payment and the arrears are decreasing. At the end of October, GE Money started calling to say that there was no payment arrangement in place and they want the payment to be increased because the total debt was increasing because they had not declared the actuarial fee account in Court. The Judge had asked for full details in Court before passing his ruling and only the Mortgage amount and the Arrears were declared by their Solicitor. The Solicitor declared that was the total debt owed.

GE Money have 3 phone number for me, Home, Mobile and Business number and started calling all numbers up to 6 times a day. So far they have made over 1,100 calls I have reported them to the FSA and the OFT for harassment. The Information Commissioner's Office were useless as they only deal with cold-calling for sales. The FSA surprised me by taking the matter seriously and said that they had asked the OFT to prepare a full report for them with a view to taking action.

I have told GE countless times that there is a Court Order in place which is a legally binding agreement on both parties. They have now started adding £40 monthly charges to the account as they say there is no payment agreement in place.

Are they in financial difficulties as they seem desperate to wring a few more pounds a month out of me. They are certainly not making much if a lot of people have the same terms as us as our contracted rate is 2.19% over BoE bank rate.

Who can I approach to get the calling to stop?

Get in touch with OFCOM. Provide as much proof as you can, in order to show these 1100 callsand the small timeframe they were sent in. They will come down extremely hard on GE money. You also need to get in touch with the court as they are clearly trying to make a mockery of the legal system. This is something the courts will DEFINITELY not like.

OFCOM can also hand out very VERY heavy fines.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D