Warranty Void due to Damage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I had a problem with my Vodafone mobile so took in for repair. When handing it over it was signed as in good condition with no damage. And it is not economical to repair the phone.

However, I'm now being told it was damaged and that the warranty is void.

What are my rights here? They are saying they will send me a picture of the phone inside. But I know the phone wasn't damaged, it was well looked after.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lee from Vodafone will be able to put this right for you.

Is this extra warranty that you paid for?

You have rights under SOGA, so warranties are not always necessary, as SOGA gives you 6 years warranty in effect..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you have a copy of the signed paper saying it was in good condition, then you have nothing much to worry about.

Send them a letter with a copy of the paper and make an accusation that if it is damaged, then they did it.

Hi,

I took it to a vodafone shop as I brought it online. Also, they are not saying water damage (as far as I know) but some kind of psychical damage. They have said I can see a photo of the damage. All I have to do is go all the way to a vodafone store, talk to them, then they will down load the image so I can have a look. Apparently they can't email it to me directly for some unknown reason :(

This is in the wrong place?? Or is it too early in the am for me?

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAGlink31.gif is with the very best of intentions.

vodafonelink3.gif UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAGlink31.gif and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

We don't have a dedicated Vodafone forum. What had happened was the tweet link had not been altered. I have now done this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi John333,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If you'd like me to get matters looked into further could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

John, have you received a reference number yet ? If and when you do, you will need to pop it on this thread for Lee to see.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yep, that's the one. However, I suspect that Vodafone lets Lee have the weekends off, so it might well be Monday before he looks in on you now.

BCOBS