• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

How to work out citifinancial PPI multiple loans starting in 2003

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can I just confirm that I am doing this the right way.

I had my first loan from citifinancial in 2003, but then re financed another two times so the loan just grew.

I am confused working out the payments, but I will get there.

I then add the amounts onto the the compound amount, I then add onto this the 8%?

Also looking at the paperwork included in the loan was arrangement fee of 75.00 the first time and 100.00 for the next two loans. Do I add this, or remove this payment in the calculations?

Thanks for all help you give, I must surely get to grips with this all soon!!!!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

HI

I just sent the letter, as I was having problems with the single premium sheet!

Working out the percentages of one loan going into another and then another

- I was going around in circles! (Percentages never being one of my strongest points!)

I know when I was working it out it was over 2,000 pounds, but I could have been wrong.

So over this weekend I need to get some quiet time and work it all out.

To be honest I thought I would have a fight with them about it.

Many thanks.

If you really get that stuck we will help you with the figures.

As a starter though we like to encourage people to have a go at the spreadsheets themselves but there is no sham if the maths doesn't click with you. At least you will have given it a shot.

Just ask and we will take you all through it step by step :-)

Thanks that is really appreciated. But, like you say I should have a go and my plan is to do this on Sunday when it is quiet. I have printed off the explanation of how to do it, so I aim to give it a try. But if it don't look right, I might just ask for you to look at it for me! Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

HI

A couple of questions if anyone can help

1. Just trying to work out the claim for PPIi for Citifinacial. I had three loans running into one another, but the last one went

to DCA then they took out a charging order which I did not know about so got a loan to pay before the order came into

action. How would you work this out on the claim? It was a couple years later after the last monthly payment, and it was

full payment?

2. Just working out the claim for the lst loan I borrowed 1500 pounds at 116.40 for 18 months - just worked it out it comes

to 2095.20! not 1703.65 that they have on their paperwork. How do you work this out on the form. Why did they not

put the correct final amount on the form?

I still have two more to go, so sorry people no doubt there will be a few more enquiries. How was I so stupid! Must have been desperate at the time, so much wiser now.

Hi,

I have put here my calculations not sure what you need to know but can someone look at this for me and let me know what is wrong with it, before I send it off to Citi. I just don't want to make a fool of myself by sending all the wrong details off.

1st loan 27/11/2003 for 18 months ppi was 128.65 total loan 1703.65

2nd loan 27/11/2003 for 18 months ppi was 170.80 total loan now 2370.80

3rd loan 29/3/2005 for 36 months ppi was 412.25 total loan now 4012.25

Paid until December 29/12/2006 then DCA took over and paid in full 16/7/2009 £2600

Hope someone can give me feedback on this.:oops:

Many thanks

you need to put up your calcs as we don't know the refinance figures please

show how you did the working as link 1 below

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...

HI,

Back again

- Citi Financial have agreed liability

but just on two loans not the lst loan

I every took out with them.

We are going backwards and forwards with this,

their letter states

In order to progress your complaint we require some additional information as we have been unable to locate your account with the details you have provided.

Examples of information we can use to locate accounts include.

A valid account number - the account number you have already supplied is not valid

All previous address history - should you have moved we need bank details....etc.

Change of name - they want details.

Then it goes on To allow us to fully investigate your complaint,

please provide the information requested above.

Without this information your complaint will be investigated on the basis of the information we already hold.

This could lead to you being dissatisfied with the outcome of our investigation or it could prevent any fianncial redress being paid promptly.

I don't know what else to send.

I told them that they had sent me copies of the loan in the SAR

- but they are just ignoring this.

Any ideas?

So sorry to go on.

Which is what I did,

but they have said they have do not recognise the accout.

Do I have any other paperwork or letters about the loan.

Which I don't as you just keep paying these things and other than things go wrong you do not receive any other letters.

Also being as it was the lst loan, and I then had two other loans tagging on to that one

all the letters I have refer to the last loan.

I don't know what else to send them.

They have agreed liability as they have made me an offer on the two of the three loans, but not the first.

Silly really as all loans tagged on to one another and it is the original lst loan they are saying they cannot find.

They did want the original copy of the loan (which I have)

but after saying they have not received two of my recorded delivery letters - I won't send it.

Use this method to post up your documents, You will need to convert them to PDF files but follow the instructions and you will be fine.

Make sure the file names do not include your real name.

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try http://www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use http://www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAGicon in the title

i'e Default notice DDicon-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry can you look at these for me, and see if I have done this right (not hopeful!).

Here are the details:

LOAN 1.

17/6/2003

Total Loan: £1703.65

PPI 128.65

Monthly payment: £116.40

LOAN 2

27/11/02

Total Loan: £2370.80

PPI 170.80

LOAN 3

29/3/2005

Total Loan: 4012.25

PPI 412.25

if you need anymore info please let me know - I will welcome the help. I have been putting this off as I have not found it easy, and have spent many a hour trying to work this out.

Many thanks

the pdf copies please

we don't know if your posted figures are with/without int etc

and they