ParcelHero Courier company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quite a short one today.

I had a computer monitor that I sold on ebay and needed to send it via a courier and after using ParcelHero a lot, I decided to see if they would take it as I know a lot of courier companies get funny about taking items with a liquid crystal display such as a monitor or TV.

It was a Friday I sold the item and I know that Parcelforce take them but it meant going to the post office to drop it off or waiting until the Monday for them to collect it and due to its size, I wanted to get it sent asap so I called ParcelHero to double check that they have no problem sending an item of this type as I know that some companies can have issues with LCD displays.

I also asked on their live chat and was told on the phone and the live chat that there is no problem with sending an item of this nature and the chap on the phone even checked with his manager and gave me the "I've sent items like this before with no issue, so yes we are fine accepting items like this"

Low and behold and the item was damaged when it arrived to the buyer, so I called ParcelHero to get the claim process rolling, to which they refer me to a list of uninsurable items, of which yep you guessed it, LCD displays fall under it, so why was I told it would be fine for them to accept and send my parcel? They are a third party, who used UPS for the actually delivery of the item so I'm wondering where I stand now.

If they had said "we can accept it, but if anything happens, it wouldn't be covered" then I would have quite happily gone with Parcelforce and spend the 5 minute drive to the post office, knowing that I would have been covered.

I even purchased extra insurance/loss/damage cover to make sure the item was insured for its full value. Why would I do that if I knew I wouldn't get anything back?

Hopefully someone can help :)

Thanks.

I see why you are annoyed, they should have told you it would be excluded. I am not sure you have a legal comeback because saying they accept LCDs is a bit different to saying they insure them, especially if a list of excluded items is shown on the website.

They should certainly refund the extra insurance though...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS