style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2391 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have written to the Yorkshire bank and asked them to stop sending me statements.

I currently spend six months away from my home and did not like the idea of my bank statements going there.

I also use the internet banking system and no longer need paper statements.

As I did not receive any response to my letter I called into the local branch

and made the request again only to be told that I have to have paper statements as it is a legal requirement.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I also requested that I cancel my signature account which costs me £12.50 per month,

even though I don't have a mobile phone, car or need travel insurance!

I was told that I would have to make an appointment with an advisor for them to go through it with me.

I eventually rang my own branch which is miles away from my home to be told I could cancel it over the phone,

when I said I had never needed this cover I was given two months refund.

Maybe I should have stuck out for more?

"Legal requirement" for paper statements is absolute nonsense!

Why would they then offer the facility via online banking to switch to paperless? You should speak to your bank again, this is a facility every UK bank offers.

you should get ALL those 'extras' payments back PLUS 8% stat int from the date EACH ONE was charged.

treat it as ppi see below link 1

as for the statements cancel then online

just checked and you can for it for me

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks for the information, sorry for the delay in responding. I have tried to cancel my statements online but cannot find any means of doing it. I will certainly attempt to get the full payments back for the Signature account. thanks again to you both.