• Tweets

• @BazzaS No..  Just that I like to make new ideas work, but have yet to get good at making money out of them! The ideas have worked, and I am now on my sixth startup. I didn't consider contract law in the past though. I have learned my lesson!
    • thanks EB, for clear and concise advise. should i send it by recorded delivery to ensure receipt. i have been hovering about a little, pondering over the situation
    • What is that? Does it have a DSM-5 (or ICD-11) coding?
    • I have tried to track down a site manger but it appears the site has been sold again - London and Cambridge properties.  I have spoken to a local councillor Tony Robertson, he advised that the council are responsible for the CCTV cameras, and to contact the council switchboard. I have rang the switchboard and  spoke to a general operator who advised me to write in requesting the information. I will advise when I receive a reply. Of the three people that drive the car, there are two main drivers no-one has seen a ticket put on the car at any time.
    • @Pierre GA - The jargon behind DD 'guarantees' is, to my mind, mostly marketing. Direct Debits only serve to profit banks. The consumer does not benefit at all. It is far better to pay, via instant transfer from modern digital banks, than by an outdated Direct Debit scheme. Just think for a second.. Does one really want to hand over one's (in my case 'dubious') financial wealth to a third party computer? I would far rather transact and settle my bills myself; I think I should proffer the term 'Financial Zen.'  
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2107 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Cashgenie keep rolling over my account automatically.

On 25/07/2012 I applied for a £150 loan, which came with a £45 interest charge for a total of £195 repayable. Since then, I have paid:

25/08/2012: £45

25/09/2012: £45

25/10/2012: £45

25/11/2012: £45

25/12/2012: £45

25/01/2013: £45

25/02/2013: £45

25/03/2013: £45

25/04/2013: £45

That's £405! What's the best way of breaking this cycle? They've had more than enough money from me now, but I'd rather not end up with another default on my credit file.

what were the original terms for how many months?

if they are doing this by CPA

get it back!

We have been telling people to put a letter into their bank instructing them not to make any payments under any circumstances to these companie

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/- it works!

banks MUST follow written intructions from their customers !

This fsa guide has now been updated:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/consumer_...ghts_guide.pdf

Here's the text:

Cancelling a regular

card payment:

When you give your credit or debit card details to a company and authorise them to take regular payments from your account,

such as for a gym membership or magazine subscription,

it is known as a ‘recurring transaction’ or ‘continuous payment authority’.

These are often confused with direct debits, but do not offer the same guarantee if the amount or date of the payment changes.

In most cases, regular payments can be cancelled by telling the company taking the payments.

However,

you have the right to cancel them directly with your bank or card issuer by telling it that you have stopped permission for the payments.

Your bank or card issuer must then stop them – it has no right to insist that you agree this first with the company taking the payments.

Be aware, though, that you will still be responsible for paying any money that you owe.

see: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority(2-Viewing)-nbsp

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/product_news/banking/know_your_rights/solving/index.shtml

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Hi,

The agreement was for 28 days. This is the first page of my agreement:

aUSgJcM.png

If I cancel the CPA, Cashgenie will then presumably want the £150 back, plus the £45 interest they would have got through the CPA payment, and will then start adding interest and charges? Obviously that's not far as I've already paid £405 to them on a £150 loan. What action do I take at that point?

DId they send any terms and conditions? Can we see them?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Here are pages 2-8 of the loan agreement:

vSQCx4S.png

BSTp1J7.png

Urno7zE.png

rhUoaBW.png

exgOC7C.png

leDsA8N.png

52FdK12.png

I like how they boast that they will levy unenforceable and unlawful charges. What a bunch of muppets. There are also a LOT of unfair terms in that contract.

My advice to you, if they rolled over the loan without your authority, is to challenge them on it and tell them that you will not pay them a penny more as they unlawfully and unfairly rolled over the loan without permission.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yesterday I emailed Cashgenie and revoked CPA. This was their reply today:

I would just like to ask why are you cancelling payments with us? Are you struggling at the moment?

We are willing to assist you if ever you are struggling to pay the loan. Unfortunately we can only cancel the payment once the agreement has been set up in place. You can ask for assistance for DMP but I would have suggest to have direct payment plan with us.

I assume this is untrue? As far as I'm aware I can cancel CPA at any time for any reason?

I responded:

You have rolled over my loan too many times without my consent. I have paid £405 for a loan of £150.

There is no legal requirement for me to enter into a repayment arrangement with you before you cancel the CPA.

The fact of the matter is, you have been instructed to cancel CPA. You must do this. If you do not, I will happily onvolve [woops :oops:] other organisations such as OFT and FOS.

Edited by mike00

who said do it to cash genie anywhere?

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

you cancel the cpa direct with your bank, not the creditor.

Having the exact same problem with them. I have a thread here somewhere about it. I tried to cancel the CPA but the bank said that they couldn't so ended up cancelling the card. I did get the last payment back from the bank though.

As for Cash Genie I sent them a complaint about 10 weeks ago and have just sent a reminder to them.

Dx. in the first section of your OFT guidelines that you posted it says cancel with the organisation. However cancelling with the bank as well is good.

One of the issues being looked at by the OFT is automatic rollovers. They break the rules.

Cash genie will pass it to carter Forbes who are the same company.

Play hardball and they should cave in

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Having the exact same problem with them. I have a thread here somewhere about it. I tried to cancel the CPA but the bank said that they couldn't so ended up cancelling the card. I did get the last payment back from the bank though.

As for Cash Genie I sent them a complaint about 10 weeks ago and have just sent a reminder to them.

you must cancel ir with the bank

they are duty bound to carryout your instructions - end off!

there are rules that dictate they must.

dx

you must cancel ir with the bank

they are duty bound to carryout your instructions - end off!

there are rules that dictate they must.

dx

I know. But they wouldn't. I had a long conversation with the woman at Santander who, interestingly, not once denied that I had the right to cancel but stated that they wouldn't.

Dx. in the first section of your OFT guidelines that you posted it says cancel with the organisation. However cancelling with the bank as well is good.

One of the issues being looked at by the OFT is automatic rollovers. They break the rules.

Cash genie will pass it to carter Forbes who are the same company.

Play hardball and they should cave in

If automatic rollovers are against the rules then why do CG seem to use them as a matter of factly? Also, if they are against the rules the surely there must be some process to get he money back as they should not have taken the money in the first place? A bit like theft really. I'm not saying it isn't against the rules just wording it that way for the question btw :)

I can not remember where i read it but it was either in a code of conduct or OFT. If i can find it i will quote the source.

Rollovers are an exploitation of a loophole in guidance. It is currently under heavy scrutiny to see whether the guidance needs changing.

Mike.

Sorry but it's not 100% clear. Did you ask to rollover your loan and/or was there enough money in your bank to make the full payment. If the answers are no and yes in that order you should make a formal complaint and stop paying as they are in breach of their own code of conduct and your agreement.

FSA stated that banks must cancel CPAs if the customer issues such an instruction.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Mike.

Sorry but it's not 100% clear. Did you ask to rollover your loan and/or was there enough money in your bank to make the full payment. If the answers are no and yes in that order you should make a formal complaint and stop paying as they are in breach of their own code of conduct and your agreement.

I requested a rollover on two occasions. They've taken nine payments, so on 7 occasions they did it without my consent, and there was always more than enough in my bank to make full payment.

I have written to them requesting a refund after reminding them they are in breach of their own Customer Charter, and therefore CPUTR2008.

Be ready to issue a LBA then follow it up with a court claim. They will do ANYTHING to keep your money.

This is similar to our situation. I need to do some detailed looking into it but from what my wife can remember the roll over is taken automatically on the day the balance is due.

Be ready to issue a LBA then follow it up with a court claim. They will do ANYTHING to keep your money.

I intend to send the LBA:) Not sure if just over £100 is worth a court claim, though, we'll see.

This is similar to our situation. I need to do some detailed looking into it but from what my wife can remember the roll over is taken automatically on the day the balance is due.

This is exactly what happens. They don't ask you. They just go ahead and collect interest only on the due date. Their terms say they will collect two payments, one for the interest, and another for the capital.

Only send the LBA if you are willing to follow it with a court claim. Don't send it otherwise.

I intend to send the LBA :) Not sure if just over £100 is worth a court claim, though, we'll see.

This is exactly what happens. They don't ask you. They just go ahead and collect interest only on the due date. Their terms say they will collect two payments, one for the interest, and another for the capital.

Yeah - I just read through the T&C you posted. They are quite clear on what should happen and when.

Would it be at all possible I have a look at he letter you sent. I know what to ask for but don't know what to put in the 'or else' section, if anything.