style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

worst part is although the origional makers put a block of metal in for it to be picked up at airports there is no way to stop people re-printing it without putting the metal in

making it fairly undetectable

the only metal is a metal nail firing pin

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Substitute the metal for Titanium, and metal detectors won't even pick that up.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Please note:

This must be hokum

Those of us that have been in the military and fired weapons will know this

The explosive force (gases) that are released when a cartridge is detonated will simply blow the cartridge apart and the breach of this plastic gun will disintegrate

There are reasons why weapons are made out of GUN METAL, for obvious reasons

They tried this a number of years ago with Kevlar, the results are no mass produced Kevlar weapons are on the market

Again, ceramic were tried and tested, but were withdrawn

my protection jacket had ceramic plates in them, they weighed a ton and are designed to shatter when external force is applied

ok. so, is there no way a 'plastic' (or the like) gun would work then?

Edited by Ford

have you seen the thickness of it

its single shot, and the plastic looks an inch thich

Please note:

It's real alright!

I am amazed at those printers, but ohhhhh, in the wrong hands an all!! It just goes to prove, it's not weapons that kill, it's some silly people who have access to them!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Just a point to note

For a research and development outfit, the chap who fired the gun neither had protective ear defenders, or ballistic glasses

You would think for safety reasons a remote firing option would be advisable

very suspect this

Edited by squaddie

Well had it have been April 1st I may not have believed it! but I do think it's Kosha!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

It's real alright!

I am amazed at those printers, but ohhhhh, in the wrong hands an all!! It just goes to prove, it's not weapons that kill, it's some silly people who have access to them!

hi duck! long time no see!

we all have access to 'weapons', q is what, why, ease of use, how many, mindset, etc.

as you say, those 3d printers are wierd, about 8k dollars for one apparently, and then there is the material cost etc. apparently the future is we just order a 'design', then 'print' it ourselves!

hi duck! long time no see!

we all have access to 'weapons', q is what, why, ease of use, how many, mindset, etc

as you say, those 3d printers are wierd, about 8k dollars for one apparently, and then there is the material cost etc. apparently the future is we just order a 'design', then 'print' it ourselves!

I was watching sky news today and couldn't believe my ears when they said one of those printers can cost as little as 3k!!

They freak me out a little, but if a design came up for a Kitchenaid I may just begin to like them :lol:

Does this mean soon we won't need organ donations and can just "print" an organ out?

Actually, forget that Nystagmite, just print a new body :lol:

If only though!

have you seen the thickness of it

its single shot, and the plastic looks an inch thich

surely made to the right spec, a 'plastic' handheld gun could poss withstand a single shot. its accuracy aside!, would prob need to be pretty much point blank (excuse the pun) :)

Edited by Ford

Does this mean soon we won't need organ donations and can just "print" an organ out?

:) maybe an artificial one! (made of organic plastic)

theres some 3d printers for less than 900 now

reprap

makerbot

etc

Please note:

If you are determined to pre plan a way to cause harm to another person, a "car accident" is easier to do, and also a lot less traceable as pre-meditated than 3d printing a gun and buying/acquiring a bullet etc. We need to keep in mind that criminals are already able to get their hands on guns. It is a worry that some backstreet idiot could print these out en-mass and sell them I guess.

You can also download the blueprint to make a miniature one of these:-

[video=youtube;azy-c6QXUCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azy-c6QXUCw

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar