• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DMP or IVA?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

I have a question which I think has been asked many times before.

Here is my situation:

I have 38K debt with 3 creditors(Natwest loan,overdraft, 2credit cards,30K, Barclays credit card 4K, Mbna 4K)

I want to sort it out ,I buried my head in sand for too long.I contacted Payplan and they went into details with my income and expenditure and said IVA best suited for me.

As it stands I got 320 pounds surplus but making a bit more sacrifices I could afford 500 a month or even more(+overtime and second job) but 500 looking 100% sure.

Also I`m selling my car so I`ll have 5-6K in a month time.

After reading a lot about debt managemen I think I would go for DMP and see how it goes and hoping all creditors freeze interest and charges.

What I read about IVA it costs money I mean Payplan is free but other fees involved.

DMP is free and could be seen by creditors I want to pay everything back.

Am I rightly thinking DMP is better in my situation?

Any answers or opinions appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

yes always a free DMP

make sure though

all your debts are live!

i'e they show on your cra file

and you INSURE whomever you are thinking of paying

HOLDS the CORRECT legal paperwork to get money out of you

also as mentioned above

get some SAR's off

and investigate PENALTY charges & PPI issues

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks guys!

Haven`t claimed any charges back(there are loads)

just started the process but natwest said they closing my account and default it.

That was over a month ago no word from them since

.Mbna and barclays keep calling but they just want money and not listening

.I have an appointment with payplan and we will go through dmp iva bankruptcy but I feel they pushing for iva .

At the moment my credit file shows the missed payments no default or anything.

I`m pretty sure they got all the original agreements but I`ll request a copy from them.

Thanks guys for your quick response I definitely go for DMP .

Whilst on DMP can I pay off one of the creditors?

I know on IVA you can`t.

Thanks again!

payplan will not like you 'faffying' around if you go with them.

pers i'd do all you can yourself FIRST

before going with thenm, IF you have too.

they wont entertain reclaiming, nor you 'checking' those you owe have the right to demand money from you.

stay off the phone

everything in WRITING ONLY from now on

you need a paper trail.

as each batch of paperwork comes in

start a new thead in the named banks' forum.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi everyone!

I have a question which I think has been asked many times before.

Here is my situation:

I have 38K debt with 3 creditors(Natwest loan,overdraft, 2credit cards,30K, Barclays credit card 4K, Mbna 4K)

I want to sort it out ,I buried my head in sand for too long.I contacted Payplan and they went into details with my income and expenditure and said IVA best suited for me.

As it stands I got 320 pounds surplus but making a bit more sacrifices I could afford 500 a month or even more(+overtime and second job) but 500 looking 100% sure.

Also I`m selling my car so I`ll have 5-6K in a month time.

After reading a lot about debt managemen I think I would go for DMP and see how it goes and hoping all creditors freeze interest and charges.

What I read about IVA it costs money I mean Payplan is free but other fees involved.

DMP is free and could be seen by creditors I want to pay everything back.

Am I rightly thinking DMP is better in my situation?

Any answers or opinions appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

Hi

Payplan charge for IVAs just like any other company, they are not free

There are thousands of IVAs that fail with people ending up worse off than when they started and very light in the pocket due to the fees involved.

There are many current issues surrounding IVAs where PPI is concerned including claims companies that take high percentage fees (if used)

Any arrangement must be affordable and sustainable at the outset and long term, this needs much thought.

If you own a property and there is equity then this could be at serious risk if the IVA fails - this area of an IVA also needs careful consideration as IVAs are not set up to be charitable to the debtor and never believe that they are.

After all that said an IVA could be an appropriate and suitable option and it would ultimately be your decisions

There are other IVA providers and maybe it would be worth contacting a couple more to compare if an IVA is your chosen option after full advice - watch out for any up front fees however

Payplans Debt Management Plans are free with all your payments going toward your debts.

Have you considered bankruptcy - your car may be at risk with this option

Bankruptcy is not always as straightforward as it perhaps used to be, so proper independent advice is vital

It is worth remembering that Payplan are NOT a charity, they never have been, they are a PROFIT making business (I will stand corrected on this if anybody wishes to comment)

If you make successful claims on PPI etc and receive a chunk so to speak then your options long term might look a little different to what they are now but this will obviously depend on your full circumstances.

A DMP could be a long or short term opition again depending on your full corcumstances

There is the option of administering your own Debt Mnagement Plan either long term or temporary, this could give you more control depending on circumstances and long term decisions.

Are you a homeowner?

Could you put up your statement of affairs?

Big decisions that could affect you you for a very long time, make sure you fully understand them

Just a guide from me only based on what you have put so far

In the meantime plenty of information to browse through below from the genuine charity online sites & systems

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

http://www.stepchange.org/

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/dmptour.asp

Best Wishes

Edited by Wintry

Thanks Wintry!

first I contacted stepchange but they can`t deal with me as I`m not british citizen.....

I`m not a homeowner all I have is a car which I`m selling.

I would do my own dmp but to be honest my english is not up to that level:)

I know payplan funded by banks but that could be an advantage.

Basically I tried to make a deal with natwest 80% of my debt with them to suspend payments for 6 months so I could pay off barclays and mbna and carry on paying the natwest loan as normal..

What I think is with the help of payplan they might freeze interest and charges and in 6 months time I could make a big contribution(12000) towards my debt(38000)and doing so would reduce the monthly payments to an affordable level.Even if they don`t freeze anything but I can make lower payments that would help me out for short term.

I`m starting a new business in 1-2 months time (if I can open a business account:))and got my full time job and a second job too.

.I want to pay it back as soon as I can.

I might made a mistake and should have waited as long as I could sell the car raise as much money as I could and pay off mbna and barclays and then deal with natwest.

I definitely go for dmp!

Thanks guys for your support and advice!It means a great deal to me!

if all you want is a 6mts buffer

they should do it under your own dmp arrangement.

dx

and they