Halifax charges bundle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I know it is still possible to claim back charges on Credit Cards and Loans and I am in the position that I need to enter legal papers towards Halifax as they are refusing to pay out.

Have the POcs changed since the OFT ruling or can use the same ones from the bank charges era?

I can't seem to seem to find any POCs on the site, so please can you point me in the right direction?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Yes, charges can be reclaimed on Credit Cards and Loans. These were never subject to the OFT case.

However, banks are defending - I think there are one or two current threads, I will have a look for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi citizen,

Thanks for your help

I have found some POCS but they are for LTSB cards - I asusme these will be ok

Any idea which Address I should use?

How far are they defending to, any idea?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

shelleys pocs are very good

see the barclaycard successes forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just to keep you updated, I've just entered the MCOL now. The POCs I found and have printed...so these need to signed and sent to the court and the bank do they?

I know the bank have 14 days to reply but I only put a summary on the claim form!! As it's not me claiming, can I just send the POCS to the court and the bank without them being signed, or should they be signed?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I totally forgot I needed to submit court bundle for the hearing that's scheduled on 20th May. I should have had it submitted yesterday.

I'm claiming credit card charges and they've taken it to court bundle stage so far and tbh I am scared.

Any ideas what I should e putting in my budle and whether they will make me attend?

I claiming for a friend and she is freaking out about having to attend court.

HELP!!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

have a look at shelley threads

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

Don't be afraid, it's not a court with a judge in a wig and nasty solicitors walking up and down shouting at you. It's a little office where you sit at a table with the judge and the other sides representation. You friend should attend and you can go with her.

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be the way Halifax are behaving of late to just deny all claims for charges.

A previous claim I had against BofS over an Opus card was settled albeit late in the day but at least before the AQ was filed before the court, today I received a defence to my Charges claim against Halifax & they have defended everthing so I guess well have to see how far they take this one.

Good luck un1boy I hope that they are just pushing you & that they settle before so that you don't have to go to trial.