Contents insurance cancelled by ADMIRAL & fee demanded

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I was a bit stunned by a demand from Admiral Insurance this morning demanding a cancellation fee of 65.00.

I did not cancel, they did.

I wanted to add an item, as named item with a value of 4K to my contents policy.

It was accepted for about 14.00 but was referred to underwriter.

I then got a call telling me the underwriter would not cover the change, a new policy was offered @ over 340.00 compared to the 114.00 I had paid up front.

I refused this, said I would not insure the item and wait for the policy end, about 2 months.

I was then told that this was not acceptable, that I was being given 7 days notice of cancellation.

OK, nasty but I accepted it.

Took out a new policy direct with an insurance company (L&G) @ 184.00.

Now, a cancellation charge for THEM terminating the policy......

The small print does state "for any reason" but this was not me cancelling.

I find this scandallous & legal theft.... or is it legal?

I'm not paying it.

Any advice on how to deal with this?

Cheers

So no outstanding premiums. Perhaps they can't read doh and poke the keys on the keyboard one at a time doh.

We know that all insurance companies rip us off then give us the sob story that half the claims are false or fraudulent, what a joke.

You can either ignore them and see what else they send or you can challenge them by sending a letter recorded asking for a complete breakdown of this fictitious charge. They wont answer that because they just plucked it out of the air.

Also as they cancelled it without reason, request the return of two months premiums, see how they respond.

Thanks, I'm going to do that.

Big business treading all over us - again.

Thanks

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative word removed.

Dispute the cancellation charge and threaten to involve the FOS, if they want to continue to apply this. Admiral were a bit over the top in cancelling anyway. They should have said to you that they were not happy to continue the policy, if you did not want to cover the £4k item, but it was in the house, so affected the overall risk. If they had told you they would cancel giving 7 days notice for you to arrange cover elsewhere and they would not charge a cancellation fee, then that would be a reasonable way to act.

If you go to the FOS, Admiral will waive the cancellation fee, because the FOS would charge them a case fee.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread