Welcome Finance default notice for car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have received a default notice from welcome in relation to a car I purchased via HP in 2006. I owe £1205.62 and due to being out of work have missed payments. I have kept Welcome informed and I'm due to start paying again next week. The default notice says the following: total amount payable under this agreement £9503.40 total amount paid to date £6979.16 so how can my outstanding balance only be £1205.62?

This balance also appears on statements I have been sent so which amount is wrong? I understand that if you have paid over a third of your agreement back they have to take you to court to get back the goods ? Can someone confirm for me that with the figures they have given I have paid over a third? Could someone also advise that I'd this goes to court do judges usually favour the claimant in these cases or the defendant. I intend paying £160.00 per month so the car will be mine in 7 or so months. HP was refinanced on one of they're "special" arrangements back in 2008 reducing the monthly payment from near £300 to £160 that's why it's taken so long to pay off. Many thanks for help and advice in advance.

Hi, you say that they 'refinanced' the agreement in 2008. Did you sign this new agreement?

What insurances did you take out on the first agreement? Most of the time Welcome put on PPI etc.

If possible can you scan up your agreement if you have it, removing all personal details and agreement numbers etc.

JJ