style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if the OFT are doing any thing about the fact that he is acting as a debt collector with no licence ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I wonder if the OFT are doing any thing about the fact that he is acting as a debt collector with no licence ?

Probably not, should we report Channel 4 and the Repo Man to OFT,? citing the programmes as prima facie evidence, along with the website on channel 4.com

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

CORRECT

and EVEN WITH a court order

it would be a COURT BAILIFF DOING IT NOT HIM

end off

its on now and again in one hour

just watch it carefully

not ONCE does he say who he is

well ONCE when he holds that phone yp

where he says he is a debt collector.

none of what he is dong is legal

but who can stop him?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

urm you need to read this thread and look at the links....

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so channel 4 are filming illegal repossessions by a civilian he has no powers it all looks a but fake and like channel 4 have made this company up themselves.

Yes they are filming illegal reposessions, but they found a real genuine gangsta style hardman who was already doing this , and glorified his thuggery for ratings, his missus is already in jail for a clamping con.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I wonder if some of these repos were on cars with logbook loans or bill of sale ? surely no reputable finance company would employ this man's services

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Remember a few years ago with dispatches where it was alleged theft was rife within Royal Mail

It was proved that they were economical with the truth and a hell of a lot of editing was done to sell the program for air time

The props department at the BBC would have been proud the time and money they put into making that program

Dispatches has been discredited time and time again for journalistic license

Wonder if this is the same 'Donegal' Finance emblazened on the jacket?

Donegal Finance Limited was incorporated on 18 May 2002. The company's status is listed as "Dissolved"and it had 2 at the time it closed. Donegal Finance Limited does not have any child companies

Could be worth digging?

we have above

I think this series is a few years old too.

now ch.4. in pre for tonight

they have lead the trailer with 'if you have had a logbook loan unpaid..watch out.hes after you'

just now

dx

and they

No date on credits MMXIII so 2013

@postggj

On the other hand, Andrew Gilligan did an excellent 'Dispatches' about the poor treatment of some service personnel with mental health issues. I know that everything for that particular programme was carefully researched and checked, because I provided some expert technical advice to the producers. I don't think editing was an issue on that occasion, but the approach was more serious than in 'Repo man'.

I think that where the 'Repo Man' episode fell down was that it didn't present a balanced view. It was presented from his viewpoint, and focused (salaciously) on his particular methods and personality, presumably because his absurd and outrageous behaviour is not the norm.

I was put in mind of 'Dog the Bounty Hunter', a US programme, which features a ludicrously-coiffed and attired bail bondsman and his bizarre sidekicks. The programme is successful not because bounty hunting per se is exciting television, but because of the antics of the principal character.

With the debtor's 15 year old daughter handing over the keys (debtor was out) the reposession can begin..... Just now on THE REPO MAN

Hi all long time no speak.

If it's any reassurance to anybody as of tonights broadcast I have a very personal interest indeed in this show and particularly in a few of the people and companies involved. I am on the inside kicking out. I have Prima Facie evidence of LBL's wrongdoings and Sean James's wrongdoings during or preceding the making of this show. I'm also taking on the Indie and Broadcaster for these and other issues and am in a very strong position to ensure that any and all breaches alleged against any party involved are pursued by the relevant authorities.

I did offer Theo over at C4 the opportunity to withdraw the episode from broadcast but they chose to run with it. Mind you I kept a considerable amount of my powder dry so Theo is only going to begin to become aware of just what a hornets nest they've stirred up when he next arrives at work. C4 compliance were very contemptuous pre broadcast, they might want to reconsider their stance in the light of some very recent communication....

sean_james.jpg

The show was filmed in Jan 2013 by an Indie Film company :- Firecracker:

UK Office | 3rd Floor | Design Centre East | Chelsea Harbour | London | SW10 0XF | UK

main switchboard +44 207 349 3400 | facsimile +44 207 351 3318

US Office | 7th floor | 225 Santa Monica Blvd. | Santa Monica | CA 90401 | USA

main switchboard +1 310 309 3942 |

The guy who actually filmed it (Alex Stockley Von Slatzer) is credited as Producer iirc.

There is a lengthy and well researched complaint to OFCOM just sitting waiting for the Post Office to open in the morning. Without being too particular it alleges amongst other things breaches of Rule 3, rule 7 and rule 8 of the Broadcasting Code, breaches of sec 8 HRA 1998 and more.

I only learned this episode was being broadcast a few days ago so I'm still not quite up to date with the paperwork for the other Authorities but you seem to have already guessed what some of the subject matter might be and which Authorities might be involved.

Not all the issues raised by myself are civil matters.

This has the potential to create a very large problem indeed for all parties concerned with the making of this programme. My primary target now is LBL, C4 have done themselves no favours though if there are other casualities then so be it.

I would appreciate all comments concerning any behaviour exhibited in the two broadcast episodes which might be deemed unlawful or dare I say illegal. I'm a little ring rusty and may have missed something.

Nothing in this post affects your statutory rights or even your right to report the commissioning of a criminal offence if you have recently witnessed any such thing, anywhere at any time.....

Some of you may have found the programme a little shall we say misleading and misrepresentative of the legal position and might therefore feel the need to complain to the appropriate bodies.

Warm Regards!!

Jasper.

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

:wink:

dx

and they

Those with an inquisitive mind might want to check the CCL record for licence number. 647582 Notice anything about one of the t/a names?

The really inquisitive might want to hit the history button to see what two pertinent events occurred on the 12th February 2013.

I can prove at least some of the debt collection activity filmed and broadcast occurred in Jan 2013 at a time when GI was indisputably NOT covered by the GF LTD CCL and GF LTD were not themselves licensed for debt recovery.

Revisit the Sun article and re-read the closing quote from C4.

Notice how it is written in the present tense.....:wink:

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

I would say the programmes themselvers are prima facie evidence of illegal activities on a wide scale, episode 2 last night he took the keys to a car from a MINOR the debtor's 15 year old daughter in the debtor's absence. In episode one he assaulted a debtor who was albeit himself abusive, and there is more. I complained to channel 4 who to be frank cannot be ars*d