Halifax - refusal to wipe £30!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have recently had £30.00 debited from my current account by Halifax which has now left me overdrawn.

The charges we for a few direct debits which I was unable to pay and so my bank have charged me £10 for each returned direct debit = £30.00

I have tried contacting Halifax by phone to ask if these charges could be refunded due to my current financial instability but an adviser informed me (after liaising with the customer relations department) that,

"...because you have previously had a bank charge refunded on your account in October 2011, we are unable to refund you again."

I asked the adviser if I could speak with Customer Relations personally but apparently customers cannot do this. I have since logged a complaint which the adviser has passed onto 'Customer Relations' who will either contact me by phone or write me a letter.

Either way, I'm still left £30.00 overdrawn which I am unable to pay back and accruing additional charges on top :(

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance

I have just received a call from Halifax Customer Relations who have apologised for the service I'd previously experienced.

She also looked at my account along with my complaint and decided that, in this case, common sense should prevail and will be refunding the £30.00 back into my account! :)

Problem resolved, Phewww!