Capital One SAR refusal?

GeronimoDoodah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Long time lurker, who is in need of a little help.

Long story short, I sent a SAR to Capital One last week, and today received a letter from them, which says;

'Unfortunately I'm unable to provide any information about your account, (sic) As you have provided us with £10.00 fee, I have organised for a refund of £10.00 to be sent to you.'

Now, I'm at a bit of a loss here; are they refusing to divulge any information, or are they saying there is no information to divulge?

Can anybody shed any light on the situation? All help gratefully received.

Write to them and require clarification, failing which you will consider that it is a deliberate breach of statutory duty.

What are you expecting to get from them anyway?

Well a lot of this will be contained in statements. How far back do you want to go?

And you should ask for clarification anyway

Ok. Get clarification and then go from there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, quick update;

I received this reply, this morning;

"...........Unfortunately we sent you an incorrect response to your previous letter regarding your information. We are able to provide you with the relevant information, but we do require either a signed request or a valid form of identification to satisfy us of your authority.

Upon receipt of this we will process your request as a good will gesture and will not be requesting another payment.

Therefore, in order for us to provide you with the requested information, please write to me again together with a copy of documents showing your current signature (this could be a driving licence or passport)......"

So, it sounds as though they want my signature, as perhaps they do not have it? Any advice, as always, gratefully received.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to get to the bottom of some creative maneuvering of interest that they're applying to my card, so I requested a DSAR but forgot to sign the letter - honest guv. They wouldn't send me the paperwork until I sent them a signed letter even though I'd sent them a personal, signed cheque in payment. I sent the letter and got my pack today by DHL (took them 3 weeks) - By the way it had a very good copy of my signed credit agreement from Jan 01 together with the signed DD mandate along with transaction details going back to March 2001.

It also contained copies of some splendid letters regarding the interest on my account that they have sent me, so now I'm looking for a interest calculator to work out how much I really owe them - if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it :-)