Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2858 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've noticed a large number of searches by a company I have no connection to; Lowell Portfolio. These are listed as 'unrecorded searches' , which I understand means only I can see them but does the Data Protection Act not offer any protection in terms of who can search my file?

This is a company I owe nothing to, I have never been contacted by them, I have never had any dealings with them yet they have searched my file multiple times. I understand a would be lender can access my file but this is not the case here.

Should I write and ask them what right they have to access my personal financial data? Or is that simply awaste of time?

The searches are for tracing an identification purposes and you are correct they are seen only by you.

As to ''protection'' regarding who may search your files the following is what authorises such searches

is to be found in the terms and condition of an agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

(as amended 2006/20120) where when a ''customer'' signs the agreement he/she accepts that the creditor

may at any time report to CRAs on the conduct of the account, therefore if a debt purchase company such

as the Lowell Group has acquired an account from one of the debtors creditors the rights and obligations and

the ''benefits'' of the original agreement pass to the debt purchaser.

These searches may be challenged on the number and frequency of the searches.

Any complaint should be made to the Data Controller of the company making the searches, and should contain this statement: ''I do not acknowledge any debt/liability to Lowell''.

The letter should be sent by recorded delivery and its receipt should be checked.

For info. DO NOT use a PO BOX No. Just 1 Apex View, Leeds LS11 9BH.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: