Finding Out Your Charges

justanothermuppet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, but I had a quick look and I couldn't find anything.

I've recently decided that I'd like to try and claim back the charges that Cap One have applied to my account over the past, however many years (to be honest I'd be happy, if it just cleared my current balance so that I can close down the account and forget about it) and I've looked at my online statements and found £100 worth of charges so far. The online statements only seem to go back 6 months though, so my question is: Is there any way to access my earlier statements online, or do I have to send off an SAR? (I could do without paying the £10 fee - small though it is)

Thanks!

Send an SAR..

I've been promised mine after phoning up, but I'll be lucky if I get them, giving it 7 days (as they advised) if they don't come, then I'll be sending an SAR off straight away..

Small cost, but can be claimed back.

---------------------------------

NatWest

Data Protection Act sent 02/06/06

Statements Received 22/06/06 - Calculated Total.

Stalled with Natwest while I sort my MBNA.

MBNA

Data Protection Act sent 13/10/06

Capital One

Statements requested over phone 18/10/06

Thanks, I'll get a letter sent off then. :) (well after payday anyway, since there's not enough credit on my credit card for me to authorise them to take payment from the account :( )

I've got another slight problem. When my purse was stolen about 2 years back, I reported the card as missing and rather than just sending me a new card, they closed down my old credit card and opened me up a new account (is that even legal?) but I'm not sure if I've got a record of the old account number. Would a SAR cover that, if I gave them all my details, or do I have to specifically state the account number?

Cheers!

I am sure your SAR should cover whatever account details they hold on you during the 6 year period - you could write the credit card number you know of and then adjust the letter slightly explaining you had two cards (remember to write the relevant address if it was different than now etc..) this way they'll send you data covering the two cards.

The other thought I have is that you could even phone them and ask if they'd tell you the other card number over phone as it would all have your own security questions answers etc.. - a phone call may get you the card number perhaps? worth a try anyway - that way you can specifically write both account numbers on your SAR.

Even though you had 2 cards data should cover both as you are requesting what data you have on you as a person - so you should get it all anyway?

Good Luck