style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I am hoping that someone might be able to help me. I recently got a letter from Rossendales regarding a council tax bill that I owe from last year. I called the company to try and arrange a payment, but they told me that I Must pay £250 a month to clear the debt otherwise, I would have Bailiffs knocking on my door, and removing my goods.

I have read the responses on hear regarding bailiffs, and understand that if don't have to answer the door to these people. I do not know what to do, do I contact the council and tell them that I offered to pay a set amount each month, but the company has refused this, and told me that I must pay what they have told me, or do I ring Rossendales back up and tell them that this is all I can pay, and if someone does turn up on my door they will be refused access to the property?

I am quite scared in what to do, and I have no idea where I stand with this.

Hopeful that someone can give me guidance and advice on what to do.

Thank you

Ben

Oh and also, they told me that if I don't pay this debt then I will have to pay extra charges for the bailiff to come and visit!!

Can I refuse this as I have already offered to pay a monthly cost??

You don't have to deal with bailiffs and can make payments to the council using their online system. Then write to the council advising them of the situation that the bailiffs have refused offers of payment and appear to just want to get to a position of charging higher fees. Advise the council how much you will be paying them on a monthly basis and keep to it. The bailiffs can only charge you a max £42.50 without a valid levy on your goods, so make sure there is nothing outside your house e.g car, garden furniture that they can levy. NEVER let them in your house, as that will enable them to charge you higher fees.

Are there any issues that make you a vulnerable person ? If so, tell the council about this, as they may have to take the account back from bailiffs anyway.

How many times have the bailiffs visited ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Its only me and my partner who live in the house, so I don't think the Vulnerable Person wouldn't include me. The Bailiffs haven't been out yet, but I will contact the council and tell them that I can pay so much a month (until we move out hopefully very soon) so we can then pay a bit more each month. Hopefully that way no-one will be knocking on our door to try and get stuff out.

I fear for my partner as she might let them in as she doesn't understand the rules. I will need to make sure that she understands that they are not allowed to just walk into the house.

Its only me and my partner who live in the house, so I don't think the Vulnerable Person wouldn't include me. The Bailiffs haven't been out yet, but I will contact the council and tell them that I can pay so much a month (until we move out hopefully very soon) so we can then pay a bit more each month. Hopefully that way no-one will be knocking on our door to try and get stuff out.

I fear for my partner as she might let them in as she doesn't understand the rules. I will need to make sure that she understands that they are not allowed to just walk into the house.

Don't open the door to anyone who you don't know. Keep any car you own away from the drive, until you know the council are dealing and the bailiffs are not.

Baliffs are not allowed to come into your house, unless you invite them in. Never do this, as you will have to pay much higher fees to them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I would hide the cars away from the premises for the time being as tossendales will levy them for sure, and as previously stated you are not compelled by any law to deal with a bailiff.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hello all,

I am hoping that someone might be able to help me. I recently got a letter from Rossendales regarding a council tax bill that I owe from last year. I called the company to try and arrange a payment, but they told me that I Must pay £250 a month to clear the debt otherwise, I would have Bailiffs knocking on my door, and removing my goods.

I have read the responses on hear regarding bailiffs, and understand that if don't have to answer the door to these people. I do not know what to do, do I contact the council and tell them that I offered to pay a set amount each month, but the company has refused this, and told me that I must pay what they have told me, YES then write to the Council to confirm the same and advise them that due to their appointed agents refusing to accept affordable payment you have been positioned with no alternative other than to pay £xxxx every week/month direct to the Council via their automated payment system.or do I ring Rossendales back up and tell them that this is all I can pay,have no further contact with them other than in writing and send them a copy of the letter you send to the Council and if someone does turn up on my door they will be refused access to the property

I am quite scared in what to do, and I have no idea where I stand with this.

Hopeful that someone can give me guidance and advice on what to do.

Thank you

Ben

Make sure you do not default in making the payments on the date you propose or to the amount...therefore do not offer a penny more than you can comfortably afford.

WD

Also make payments asap to the council. Dont wait for them to say yes or no.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Pay something in ASAP to claim the moral high ground

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!