style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi topcat, sorry you havent had any replies yet. Maybe i can help.

The best way to set up a payment plan is to secure your finances first. This may mean opening a parachute accoutn and have your money sent there temporarily.

Then once you are sure your money is secure, you need to write or email the lender ( make sure its by recorded delivery), and ask them to consider a repayment proposal that benefits you and doesnt leave you out of pocket or neglecting your other creditors or expenses.

Hopefully they will agree, especially if you add a clause which states you will update them every 3 months, or sooner if possible. If they dont agree, then we can advise on another letter to send them which sets out the legal side. If they still dont accept, then you can go down the postal order route which they have no alternative but to accept.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case anyone else ever has to deal with these people, I thought I'd write from my experience....

In short they couldnt be more helpful. I called up and within 5 minutes they had frozen the interest and agreed a payment plan that I had asked for.

They also said they would remove interest charges if I could prove I had an unexpected large bill come through.

If only all lenders proved this easy to deal with

Agreed. SOme lenders are actually better than others. There was a company a few months ago that went on record and said they were leaving the PDL business due to the borderline criminal activities most companies perform. They then proceeded to wipe all outstanding debts.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D