reduced payment arrangement on old address & who exactly can DCA contact for info?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Posting this here & in Debt Collection Section-not sure which one is best?

Ok...all my credit is tied into my OLD address. Without boring you I've had to take some time off work unpaid as my other 1/2 was very ill. Perfect credit rating/no missed payments until then. She is now getting better & I am back at work on reduced hours. So far-no missed payments. On the advice of Step Change they've recommended a token payment of £1 to each creditor for the forseeable-with a view to going back to full payments if/when my income increases back to normal. Quite simply-my outgoings vastly exceed my income so obviously its priority debts that get paid 1st (rent etc).

So...sent the template & income expenditure letters to all creditors a couple of days ago-signed for by Royal Mail. At my present (new address) I've NO credit agreements-all tied into old address (mail being re-directed here). Not on electoral roll here-only shown on Council Tax Register (DVLA records & Inland Revenue all on old adress)-no phones (mobile on old address), nothing at new address apart from a Utility provider, Scottish Power, (they WERE aware of previous address i think-no link shown on any credit file), who on enquiring said they DO NOT report to credit files or give out info to DCA'S. I'm in different employment to what was shown on my credit applications. I also have a new, x-directory mobile & land-line-again all tied in to old address. New landline is x-directory-& on checking all my credit fiLes (I'm signed up to all 3 online-again all show old address)-NO linked adresses showing.

My question is-

1)-can any DCA locate me at current address? I'd like to keep this address 'clean' if you like. In fact if arrangements stuck to-why would they need to look for me?

2)-Which companies share info with the DCA'S? Royal mail re-direction (ticked to opt out of providing info to other companies & utility company says they DON'T give info out) ?.

3)-Can DCA'S search DVLA (if I needed to change) or Inland revenue or Council Tax register?

4)-Passport expiring soon-can this be checked & linked to my new address-under Data Protection can DCA'S look at passport info?

Any info would be great. My landlord lives next door & would hate for any collecter etc to come here (!)

P.S. Not on any phone list-x-directory-no facebook/twitter etc-scanned the web with my details & I'm not on there.

Any thoughts anyone?

Edited by Brachetthecub
typo

Electoral Roll,

Bank accounts

If you have updated your address to Bank account, Telephone/ Internet provider / TV licence

I think these update records on credit files

Not sure about the DVLA.

If you have any insurances and have updated your address.

It is amazing how much data sharing goes on :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi I will try to answer your questions.

1. Yes you can be trace easily if a company wants to find you, you have sent the I&E forms to all your creditors from your new address these creditors WILL update ALL CRA files to which they have reported, and if these accounts are being paid by direct debit your bank will have your new address.

The real problem you face is that IF a creditor or DCA decides on court action you can easily face a CCJ by default.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi BRIGADIER2JCS , thanks for taking the time to reply! Just to say-ALL credit a/c's, loans, mobile phone, etc are on PREVIOUS address & are forewarded by royal mail (opted out of them 'using my details for marketing purposes lol !). The I & E all have my OLD adress on them too.

The only direct debits in the new address in my name are Scottish Power (I've phoned them & they 'said' no data sharing) & contents insurance (again insurance company says it doesn't share info). No linked addresses shown on any of the 3 CRA'S. Bank a/c tied into old address. The token payment will not be long term (subject to my income rising & g/f staying well), just wante to keep it all at old address. In the very unlikely instance of collectors calling my landlord lives next door-so obviously keen to keep things 'clean' if that makes sense-whilst keeping my creditors 'in the loop' at all times.

Edited by Brachetthecub
typo

I wish you luck with this!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Yes-realise there is a 2 year limit on post. At the moment, any statements are 'e-statements' online. As i said-certainly not trying to avoide paying/pull a fast one as the token payment thing shouldn't be forever, just want to keep new address 'clean'.

Hi Brachetthecub,

I've merged both your threads, best sticking to one this seems to be the better forum for reply's for you.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I guess it depends on your timeline. Every 6 months the creditors will want a revised I&E. You must update the DVLA of your new address if you drive and for purposes of your driving license but that shouldn't be an issue. In all the years I was with 8 creditors on a debt management plan only one of these ever actually looked at my credit file.Perhaps I was just lucky. I don't think once you have agreed a payment plan that you need to worry terribly much about a linked address.

Thanks for merging!

Scott-hi thanks for that. DVLA for my licence is still on a very old address (!)-still a paper licence-due to expire in 2025! I know technically its an offence not to inform them but a friend is in the police & has said that if all other stuff like insurance, tax etc is in order then they're not too interested.

I would have though that under data protection DVLA info, passport & council tax could NOT be accessed by DCA'S?

Have you actually checked that you're not on the ER as once you register for CT it is usual for your name to be entered on the roll.

Many pieces of information on individuals are on public information files and can be accessed by anyone

I f you are stopped by the police they WILL inform the DVLA of you current address as matter of course, and your motor insurance MUST be showing your correct address,

and if you us a comparison site your data will be sold and searches made on CRAs.

Thanks guys! Broken-I was stopped by the police 3 yrs back-licence still tied in to a previous address (the one before the 'credit agreement' address)-they weren't bothered at all as I told them this address at the time & said I'd get round to changing it.

Brigadier-my insurance is at the correct (present ) adress. The searches for comparison sites are 'table 2' & can't be viewed by creditors. Nor can creditors see my current or past lenders names. Interesting link below-if you read the main comparison sites they don't sell/share data with 3rd parties. I certainly was not aware the council put your name on the electoral roll-it was just a letter we had to fill in (or not!) that arrives September time usually? I'll check it but given that I have to make the decision if I'm on the edited/non-edited (the edited roll is available to all & people can buy your details-the full register is locked & only used by people with the authority to use them-ie new credit applications, etc) roll-can't imagine a council making that choice for me? Also-the Electoral Office needs a signiture from you for their files-can't imagine them making an exceeption to that?

http://www.fidgetwith.com/2010/05/04/price-comparison-sites-respond-to-leadx-cold-calling-issue/

Edited by Brachetthecub
Adding something

If you apply to pay insurance premiums monthly a credit search WILL bee made.

It certainly happens.

As said I wish you luck but this kind of deception is usually rooted out quite easily.

Hi Brigadier....I'm not really 'deceiving' anyone as I'm replying/sorting out arrangements with my creditors & just want to keep it on my old address. I have online full access at any time to all 3 CRA'S & there are no searches (table 1 searches that creditors can see) at any time for car insurance-they are there as table 2 searches but these are not visible to creditors. With insurances the only time it would be shown as 'live' info for creditors to see is if I defaulted-which I never have-& this years car insurance is paid in full.

your insrance will be void if you have lied about your address and where you keep your car at night. The DVLA are tightening up; why put yourself into a potentially horrid situation? If you are maintaining payments as agreed the creditors won't search your files. Personally it seems very odd but this is a self help site and there are lots of different opinions on here!