DWP glitch

abc123def
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My bank informed me a bill payment failed yesterday due to insufficient funds. I had no clue why not as I ought to have had plenty of money so I logged on to my online banking and saw that my last payment of ESA was in March, nothing in April. For some reason it seemed to have stopped for no reason, no letters from DWP or anything.

I got into such a state wondering if they'd sent ESA50 that hadn't arrived and so I'd failed it, maybe my horrid neighbours had made false allegations, amongst numerous other fears. Most of all my bank has a 3 strikes and your out policy on that account so that is one of those used up and I have another bill due to be paid tomorrow and had less than 10p in my purse. I went to the CAB today as I can't use phones and they phoned the DWP who told them that there was a computer glitch when they updated the system with the new higher payments at the start of April and a lot of people have not had any benefits since March. They are needing to re-input people manually and it is taking time.

Thankfully the man promised to get my payments in by the end of play today and it has arrived but I am absolutely stunned that this sort of 'glitch' can happen and that hoards of people have been left with no benefits since March, what are they supposed to live on? I assume it is a lot of people if they haven't caught up since then re-inputting people.

Anyone else been affected?

I ended up in such a state yesterday I took 3 doses of sleeping tablets and that still only gave me 3 hours of sleep.

This appears to be the first incident and if it is wider spread then it could be quite worrying.

I think perhaps you should have a word with your bank and make them aware of this - you don't want to find out you have had charges levied on the account.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm sure I recall reading an email about a banking problem which had been reported as fixed to the BC, I think it was Natwest but have been on annual leaqve since then sorry and it was a few weeks back so hazy on the details.

This isn't a banking problem, it was the DWP system according to the man on the phone.

citizenB, I can't do phones but might try and pop in to the bank when I'm in the city next to talk it through with them. At the end of the day the statements will evidence ESA normally goes in fortnightly then stopped for a month so hopefully will be able to show them it wasn't my fault. I'm still really shocked it happened.

I'm sure I recall reading an email about a banking problem which had been reported as fixed to the BC, I think it was Natwest but have been on annual leaqve since then sorry and it was a few weeks back so hazy on the details.

http://news.sky.com/story/1070920/rbs-latest-it-glitch-is-fixed

This is one from March 27/28th. However I am pretty certain I saw one in the last few days on the MSE Site. Here it is..

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2013/04/lloyds-tsb-halifax-nad-bank-of-scotland-customers-report-account-glitches

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This isn't a banking problem, it was the DWP system according to the man on the phone.

citizenB, I can't do phones but might try and pop in to the bank when I'm in the city next to talk it through with them. At the end of the day the statements will evidence ESA normally goes in fortnightly then stopped for a month so hopefully will be able to show them it wasn't my fault. I'm still really shocked it happened.

Righto, if it is going to be a while before you get to the bank, then perhaps a letter or email might be worth thinking about :)

It is indeed very worrying that you were not made aware of the problem earlier.

BCOBS

The last IT glitch for the DWP that I heard about was when some people were off cycle for a weeks payment and that hit nearly all the DWP benefits, the only other thing that I recall is definitely the banking glitches instead.

Hope you get it all sorted out and your bank realises it wasn't your fault.

This sort of thing highlights the potential problems with Universal Credit; if your payment is late or delayed by a glitch then it will also affect your housing benefit and council tax, as it's all in with your payment.

Thanks yes, April's two payments were both paid the day the CAB spoke to the DWP as the DWP promised in the phone call. I've since discovered one other person who had the same problem, not sure how widespread it was or the numbers involved. Yes, very scary when UC comes in especially as there is one payment per household and not per person. I will relax when I see my payments going in fortnightly again and not before though. I wonder how long it would have taken the DWP to sort that out had the CAB not called them though.