style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I need some help, i applied for esa on 8th April as i am going through bad anxiety and PTSD. After few days they sent my statement back and ask for doctor's note which i sent on 18th April.

On 19th i got sms from Jobcentre that they have all information and they will contact me with the decision.

I also received the letter from Jobcentre saying that i am pleased to you that we can pay esa form 8th April you will get £84 a week etc.

I rang Jobcentre on 25th April and i was surprised when they said they have not received my sick note and i need to ring on Monday to find out.

I rang today and got another surprise when they said you need to send the ESA50 form back then we can release the payment.

Can anybody tell me if this is true i am totally confused and upset as i cant fill this ESA50 as its too difficult. I made an appointment with local cab but the date is too far and i dont know what to do.

Thanks

If this is your first ESA claim, or you have not claimed for 6 months, then there should be no reason for holding payment pending a medical assessment, and there is certainly no rule for holding initial payment pending an ESA50. Ask to get a call back from the decision maker dealing with your claim - then at least you'll have a chance of getting sense out of them.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Hi thanks for your reply, yes its my first claim as i never claimed ESA or any disability benefit before, first they said they have not received my sick note, now they say it does not matter if we receive sick note or not, we need your ESA50 form back then we can pay you assessment rate

I have not received any thing i spoke to jobcentre and asked them it should not effect my payments as payments start first then we have 4 weeks to send ESA50 back but she insist that its not like that and they need my ESA50 filled form back then they can process my claim. I will ring again tomorrow and ask for call back from DM

Seems like they are newbies every time you ring them they tell you different story and make you more upset. I was trying to search on google to see anybody got the same issue but found nothing and i feel like that i am the one who become the victim of their new joke. I am already going through bad depression and anxiety now these people giving more headache

• 1 year later...

Hi i am on ESA Support Group since July last year due to PTSD, severe depression and anxiety and getting DLA low rate mobility and now diagnosed with autism Asperger syndrome too.

I just wanted to know is this still comes under change of circumstances as all my other conditions remain the same and if i tell DWP, will my ESA stop and will there be a new claim again. I am little bit worried about this.

Thanks

Edited by Digital_2012

No, it's not a crime and there's no need to inform the DWP. Your award of benefit is based on your conditions as they were assessed by the DWP. If the conditions have not improved, you are still entitled to your benefits. If and when the time comes for you to be reassessed for ESA or DLA, you can mention your recent diagnosis.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks guys for your prompt advice so i think i should not worry about this now. Just one more question, as i recently diagnose with Asperger and i am on lower mobility rate which i think little unfair as i need more care than mobility if inform DLA is there any better chance to get care component.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi

I need help, i am on contribution based ESA (WRAG) my partner recently started part time voluntary work.

I rang job center and they said they will send new form for change of circumstances and my current claim will be suspended.

I am worried and confused that there may be new medical assessment.

Can anybody confirm if there will be new medical assessment again also my work related activity appointment coming as well so do i have to attend the appointment also after change of circumstances.

Thanks

There will not be a new assessment as a result of this. The medical assessment schedule is not affected by a change of circs like this.

You should continue to attend any and all compulsory appointments booked.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I need some help, last year in July I was put in support groups due to PTSD and severe depression, in October i went abroad (no EU) country to see my parents and getting some counselling from them as i was going through very bad patch of my life.

I stayed there for 4 months but did not tell DWP, while i was abroad i also awarded DLA lower mobility for one year which i claimed earlier.

This year in January i received ESA formal review letter from DWP to see if anything has changed in my circumstances, i filled the form but i did not mention that i went abroad for 4 months.

In May i have received DLA renewal form so i filled it and mention that i was abroad for four months.

Today i have received letter from DLA saying that they overpaid me as i was abroad and i failed to inform them on right time.

Can anybody shed a light that how long anybody can go abroad non EU country for both ESA and DLA. I am on contribution based ESA.

I am also worried about ESA as well i did not tell them.

Thanks

I'm fuzzy on this, but I think you can esa for 4 weeks while abroad (unless having medical treatment, when you get it for longer), and 13 weeks for dla.

I think the issue will be whether counselling qualifies as medical treatment and the fact that you didn't inform them.

If you had proper professional counselling then you could try to appeal any overpayment on the basis that it constitutes medical treatment.

Is english your first language?

As certainly it seems reasonable to me that counselling would be more effective in first language and culture appropriate.