style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2387 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello Guys,

Does a court fine become SB'd at all? I have just come in to a letter from Greater Manchester Courts saying i have a balance outstanding of £245 for failure to display a tax disc, now i cannot remember even getting this and had moved shortly after the alleged offence, they have traced me to my new address so have said this needs paying, I have no problem in paying it as back then my car could well of not been displaying tax as didnt have a care in the world in and around that time.

My question is do fines like this become SB'd at all?

Hello Guys,

Does a court fine become SB'd at all? I have just come in to a letter from Greater Manchester Courts saying i have a balance outstanding of £245 for failure to display a tax disc, now i cannot remember even getting this and had moved shortly after the alleged offence, they have traced me to my new address so have said this needs paying, I have no problem in paying it as back then my car could well of not been displaying tax as didnt have a care in the world in and around that time.

My question is do fines like this become SB'd at all?

The fine won't become SB'd.

If there are associated costs on top of the original fine and you are able to make a statutory declaration (under pain ' penalty of perjury .... So it'll need to be truthful!) that you didn't receive notification : the court should then set it back to the initial fine's stage.

Of course, if you make a declaration that you knew nothing of it and they then produce correspondence from you from the initial episode you'd be on a sticky wicket!

I really do know nothing about it, i have just paid it anyhow, I was a bit of an idiot 7 years ago so im sure it would of been right.