Coverplan Nightmare Untold Lies and More !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, i have signed up to this forum because i am at the end of my mental state and needed some advise and from what i have read on here this is a great community with excellent help for those that need it and that person is me !

We purchased Coverplan on our laptop and have been paying the direct debit for months, we were rusing out of the house for a business meeting and "smash" the laptop went down the stairs and was in a very bad way, this was aweful because i had all our images on there and the thing wouldnt turn on and was in a mess.

So, i called Knowhow who told me the unit would be being picked up and that they estimated i would get the unit back within 7 working days, if they could not fix the unit by the 42 day which was April 19th i would be entitled to a write off.

Well after Knowhow ringing me almost everday to report the unit was waiting on several parts the 42nd day arrived on the 19th of April and i telephones them to ask when i would be getting the write of confirmed.

I was talking to a Richard who assused me the unit would take 3 days to be written of and on my notes he had argued with another rep that said i was not under a 42 day policy when it states that i am when you ring them up and give them my details !?

This went on for almost a week and after speaking to a Mrs Catherine Crapper who is a manager she also assured me it would be written of, then out of the blue a phone call with a gentleman asking for my email address so he could send the voucher code to go and get my new laptop and this is were it went horrible !

I was contacted last week by a guy from Knowhow that started the conversation with the following "Mr ******* im calling to tell you that there is no way i writing this laptop of so you have no chance sir" .................I was gobsmacked and amazed as he followed that by saying "we have unlimited time to repair your laptop" i asked what would happen if i was still waiting at Christ,as and he said "Thats your problem sir"

Can someone help me here ?

Its been over 50 days and its still not fixed and we have been told they do not know of they can get the parts to fix it !

I need my laptop for business and i am currently grounded when it comes to using a laptop because of them.

The worst customer service call centre i have ever delt with in my entire life !

Regards

David :|

it has to be repaired within a reasonable time.

I would have thought that 14 days would be good enough but give them another week to be safe.

42 days is frontlet enough time - especially if that is their own target.

I would send them a 7 day LBA and then sue.

it is very easy.

once the court papers are served you will sees an astonishing change in the way they treat you.

• 3 weeks later...

hi i work at a currys branch and if you purchased you laptop on business then they have a maximum of 42 days to repair the unit after that you can request it be written off