Cabot Financial old barclaycard debt

mick094m
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry for the delay in replying as I said been back and forwards with my Wife to Hospital appointments, update .......

I received another letter from my bank (Halifax) which I think is very helpful,

they sent me an itemised list of Direct debits with final comment,

" After 1st.June 2009 the originator did not claim another payment".

Does this mean it was Cabot that cancelled the direct debit,??????????.

I can/will contact the bank to confirm who it was that cancelled the direct debit,

but if they as originator did not claim any more payments surely that proves what I am saying is true.

I have just had another letter from them this morning

the amount they want now is £1274.77p,

where this comes from baffles me as it does not tie in with the Banks Direct Debit figures,

as I have a bit more free time before next Hospital appointment

I am going to the Post Office to get the postal order ,

then write to them as you have requested I do and send it reordered delivery .

But I am also going to write to my MP asking his opinion on this Firm

and if he can do something about getting them closed down,

in my opinion they are [blankety blanks],

the evidence is here on this forum for all to see, something has to be done about them.

Could someone explain if I am right in my interpretation of the banks wording "the originator did not claim another payment".

that it was Cabot that closed the account, as being paid in full.

I am also asking the bank to explain what they mean and for them to tell me who closed the direct debits,

and did I send a cheque to them before that date as a final settlement if so what date etc......

will update when I hear from them (Cabot) that is if they do.

I would like them just to take me to Court and then show the written evidence against them.

Edited by slick132
used spacing so post is legible; defamatory language edited

If the originator did not claim payments - then it is they who have broken the contract.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Mick,

It does sound like it was Cabot that stopped taking DD from you.

But that does not necessarily mean that "they closed the a/c, as being paid in full."

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

If they stopped taking the DD why would they do that ,

I am sure I got a phone call or letter of an offer to close it, but cannot remember ,

surely if they stopped the DD it is there fault not mine ,

I will ask the Halifax to explain why the DD was stopped by them.

Might just tell Cabot to take me to court would love to show them out to be the idiots that they are,

off to the PO for a postal order

yes get that CCA off to crapbot

you don't need to send recorded

2nd class with free proof of posting at the counter will do

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

A CCA request will only produce a copy of an agreement or a reconstituted one + the Ts &Cs.

To get all data relating to you must make a SAR.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

Again have to apologise for lack of replying,

it has been my turn to go on hospital visits, blood tests, xrays and ecg's, waiting on the results ,

in the mean time I have broke out in a rash to end all rash's,

the nurse doing the ecg's said it is probably been triggered off by "anxiety" ,

thanks a bunch Cabot, you going to pay for all of this.

I had a reply from them saying they did not have the information that I had requested ,but they would get it and get back to me.

Well yesterday the latest from them is as follows,

"Unfortunately Cabot has not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period. ........Surprise surprise .

they are continuing the request, in the mean time my account is on hold until they can comply with my request.

This I find very interesting they go on to state that

"Your credit agreement is currently unenforceable ,which means we are not permitted to obtain a judgement or decree in Court.

However you are still obliged to repay the outstanding balance as confirmed in this letter."

What sort of planet or "substance" are these "blockheads" on.

They go on to offer recommending contacting Citizens Advice and to contact them as soon as possible

to set up a repayment arrangement or continue with your existing one.

Excuse me but one was already set up and paid in full with copies from Bank and statements to prove it so....

........instead of following that advice I will be taking everything to a Solicitor ,

sending details of all we have had to put up with to my MP

,and sending them a "very strong " worded letter informing them of "pending Legal Action " by myself.

This is not about compensation now as the amount needed to do so,

they would not be able to afford as I would be requesting "MILLIONS" it is all now about putting them out of business.

Are there any organisations that they are responsible to ,

that I can also contact informing them of the manner in which they conduct,

and wrongly harass people in the process.

Hi Mick,

The only bodies the banks are broadly answerable to are the FOS and the courts.

We see time and time again that the FOS sides with the banks on many cases and normally offer a pittance in compensation.

The courts may offer a better option but to take action against a bank, you have to prove your case to the satisfaction of the judge on the day.

Taking this to a solicitor will cost you, obviously, but that's your prerogative. I personally doubt there's much a solicitor will do for you just now, that you can't do yourself.

It may be a good option to do nothing for now, until Cabot come back about whether they have a credit agreement.

Edited by slick132

Hi , it was not the Bank I was after it was "Cabot" I wanted report and to someone ,to get into court and put them out of business ,

they must be answerable to someone.

I am at a loss to understand how they are allowed to still be in business being so incompetent,

but then again I should not be surprised at what is allowed to go on ,

after all it is "England", which encourages "spivvery" allows them to get away with murder.

Hi Mick,

I've just read back through the thread to see what your best move should be.

I can see you're annoyed with Cabot and about "what goes on in England these days". However, I doubt you will be able to teach Cabot the lesson you feel they deserve, or at least not YET.

You need to get from Cabot a detailed breakdown of the debt, from when they took it on up to the present.

You felt sure the a/c was paid off but you need figures to PROVE what the real position is.

I suggest you forget solicitors and courts for now - just concentrate on getting the info you need to see what was owed and what you have paid.

You can tell Cabot they have to send you a full summary of your alleged debt with them because you dispute you owe anything.

Or you can send them a SAR with the £10 fee.

I have all the information I need

I have a letter from my bank listing all the direct debits that were paid

I also have my statements listing them and dating them ,

then The bank stating it was Cabot that stopped taking the direct debit when it paid in full,

I repeat the bank state that CABOT "stopped" taking payments.

All of this I have written down from the Bank ,

so what I would like to know is where has all the Direct Debits gone that they took from my account

I have a letter ......

...... The bank stating it was Cabot that stopped taking the direct debit when it paid in full,

I repeat the bank state that CABOT "stopped" taking payments.

In your post #26, you said, "After 1st.June 2009 the originator did not claim another payment."

The bank have confirmed that Cabot stopped taking payments but they did not say Cabot stopped taking DD's because the debt was paid in full.

I absolutely agree with you, that you need to know where the DD's that Cabot took have gone.

That's why I suggested in post #40, "You need to get from Cabot a detailed breakdown of the debt, from when they took it on up to the present."

Edited by slick132

Why would Cabot stop taking anymore Direct Debits...........................unless the debt had been paid off,

do they usually do business in that way,

to purposely have a reason to make people lives a misery with their harassing letters, or am I missing something

sadly yes dca's usualy do do business in very bad ways.

p'haps its time for an SAR to crapbot as well.

NO DCA is in it for you.

if they can cajole, lie, bluff, spoof , whatever other words you wish to use

money out of a debtor they will use any methods.

if that money goes into their 'profit' bin

then all the better.

it was once said somewhere that 75% of all money DCA's get is clear profit

on debts they had no legal right to collect on in the first place

that's why debt management is the biggest and most profitable sector of our monetary system.

we call it cash cowing.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Mick,

Why would Cabot stop taking anymore Direct Debits...........................unless the debt had been paid off,

do they usually do business in that way, ........

I don't know why they'd stop taking the DD's but I think you are wrong to automatically assume they stopped because the debt was paid off in full.

You need proof of what happened, to get the full picture.

If Cabot won't give you the breakdown required in response to a request, get it with a SAR as DX says.