Here I go - wish me luck

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just an update....

Still waiting for my statements, and have had no Acknowledgement from Business Risk - Retail??

Never mind - the 40 day clock is ticking from when my local branch acknowledged receipt.

I had a quick look through the statements I do currently have (Roughly last 2 years) and was surprised to find this alone was £2000+ :eek: .

Highlighter pen and spreadsheet at the ready.....

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Offer made by telephone 29/12/06 - upped then accepted.

Received offer and acceptance form 30/12/06.

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

Money in bank 09/01/07 :D :D :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI gazza - I still don't have mine yet, either, and they haven't taken the £10 I authorised them to take from my account. I think I'm going to email someone.

Halifax Current Account

SAR sent 23 October, special delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... at last... a response form HBOS. They have finally sent a letter saying my statements have been ordered and will be sent under seaparate cover. It also said that HBOS were under no statutory obligation to record manual intervention - I take this as a plus because they cannot prove there has been any!!

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

OK, in readiness for putting together my Prelim letter I notice the bit...

"What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter"

Obviously the first £xxxxx relates to the amount of charges - the second xxxx are about overdraft interest - I have been for the majority of the time been overdrawn so see an overdraft interest charge applied every month. Is this what this relates to?

I appreciate that the 8% gets added for all charges using spreadsheet before MCOL.

Any advice, please??:confused:

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

Hi Gazza. Just finished adding mine up - :o how did I let that happen??!

I'm not sure about that bit, either, the "interest debited" at the end of each month, I wans't going to include this, thought it was a fair charge, but I'll hang and see if you get an answer.

Nicki

Halifax Current Account

40+ envelopes have finally arrived today. An evening of highlighting and Excel awaits...;)

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

50 envelopes, all totted up. Prelim letter done - off to PO to send recorded now. Not going to bother with the extra interest bit - apparently this is to do with claiming contractual interest, as nice as the extra would be along with 'sickofbeingrippedoff' I am confident of what I am doing at the moment and don't want to over complicate... the extra 8% at MCOL will do nicely... a little Xtra as they say;)

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

Mine's gone in the post today too. Fingers crossed.

Can I just ask, (not been on here for a week or two) what's happened to the signatures with how much people are claiming and from whom?

Halifax Current Account

I have received no acknowledgement whatsoever... not that that matters as I sent it recorded and know they received. Upward and onward with the LBA tomorrow.;)

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

I have had another £28 for going over overdraft charge, should I add this onto the LBA figures as these are now different form when I sent in the Prelim? Or should I wait until the MCOL stage?:confused:

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

• 2 weeks later...

Just read your thread - congratulations...

I cannot follow their delaying tactics. I am on a similar timeline to yourself and haven't even had an offer, just acknowledgement.

I feel I would take the same option as you did - if it meant not having the extra worry of MCOL - not sure if my claim would make much sense after the festive period;) .

I will keep note of the number you rang, that is if I even get an offer...

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

• 2 weeks later...

I was awoken this morning by a person from Halifax Customer Relations, it was a very sobering phone call as I had over indulged on the Baileys last night (as well as that certain Belgian lager)......

Anyhow I was due to have filed my MCOL yesterday but was going to have to wait for more funds before I could.

After all the usual blurb about how CC charges were still £12 and if they refunded all the money to reflect a £12 charge I still wouldn't get this much money...

He then finally offered me a goodwill gesture, which was about 75% of my claim. I basically asked for the full amount and would accept that, he was not willing so I asked for the offer in writing so I could consider it. He then said he would send out the letter and upped the offer by £100.

I thought I would have one more stab and asked for a round sum close to my claim, which he promptly agreed to!!

I know I am bottling it a bit but this is money that will mean a lot to myself and my two young boys - I will be booking my Summer hols as soon as this clears.

I also have the worry of MCOL gone. Yes I know I would have won the full amount but I am really pleased with what I have got :D .

I will post more when I have got my letter through, and when all is settled will complete the survey and make a donation.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my thread.

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

Cheers, hope you had a good Xmas - I won't relax until I see that figure in my a/c but its great to go into the New Year with this all hopefully sorted.

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

Well Done !!

It does pay to haggle with them on the phone - it's worked for so many people now. OK, so it's not always 100% refund of charges as we all set out to claim, but if you're happy with the result then that's great.

I've said many times that it can pay you to call the person who sent the offer letter, or talk to them if they phone, and remind them that you are close to filing your court case. All you want to do is save everyone the time and hassle that will bring, as well as saving the bank some dosh in not having to refund court fees and the 8% interest.

These people are having to deal with loads of claims for repayment and are getting the hang of bartering at last - they don't often go for 100%, but are quite often very close to that. Some people are happy to take 95% or more of their claim and my personal view is that it's often worth settling at that point.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I totally agree with you, I have also read many of your posts - thanks for your views. Yes I may well have won more if I had gone all the way, but right from the outset I had a figure I would be over the moon with and I have achieved that and more. I similar to you have Cap One and Citi to have a crack at - nowhere near the amount as the Halifax claim, but hey if you don't try you don't get. Again if I settle for a % of the charges it is more money in my a/c than if I'd just sat there and thought I wish....;)

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

Can't agree more Hillards. I have always followed up my letters with phone calls. I have pinned them down to dates when I can expect information and told them I will 'hold' until they confirm it is on its way. Always note the date, time, name of all persons spoken to and what was said.

Note, they will usually put tyhe phone down if you tell them they are being recorded, but it's always a good record to fall back on for reference.

...it's always a good record to fall back on for reference.

OR - send them another Data Protection Act SAR - and specify that you would like a complete transcript of all telephone calls...? :smile:

I'm going to be doing that with my Hx Credit Card account, along with copies of all comments recorded by their operatives. I want a log of ALL calls made, wether they got through or not, as part of my action on them abusing the system with 10-12 calls a day... LOL

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.