Barclays/Woolwich Mortgages

bubbsie1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I haven't posted on CAG for some time; due to some excellent advice received from Caggers I managed to make reduced payment agreements with the majority of my creditors and have been paying them for the last two years.

My mortage did cause me some problems and after an initial 12 months of interest free payments (all they would agree to) I paid the mortage in full for another 8 months and asked that the arrears be capitalised; I had to pay three more consecutive payments before they would agree to add the arrrears as capital on my mortgage unfortunately I missed a small amount (by mistake) on the last payment.

Since I have equity on my flat I resolved to sell it move somewhere less central and be mortgage free;hopefully having enough to pay off the bulk of my most pressing creditors.

Barclays indicated if I sent in the details of sale and gave consent for them to contact the estate agents they could stop action on the arrears pending the sale; I sent them the documentation and have now received a letter advising me that as a result of the previous 'concessions' they have given me they will not suspend action on the arrears pending the sale and the matter is now being referred to their solicitors.

It just seems pointless to me, I have offers on the property coming in and in 6 to 8 weeks they get their money back in full, plus all of the charges.

I hope this will not stop the sale of the flat and my plans to be freed from this financial nightmare thats dragged on for the last three years.

If anyone can advise or help I would appreciate it; getting desperate now and no idea where to turn to.

That seems to be very spiteful and you might have cause to make an official complaint to them.

Did they make that suggestion in writing ?

There is some information regarding how mortgage providers are supposed to behave where there are arrears.. I will go and look for it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This has been produced by National Debtline for those with Mortgage arrears.

Mortgage Arrears: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...rtgage-arrears[/url]

I will also flag your thread for some help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

thanks for such a quick response.

Barclays would not confirm they would or could stop the action on the arrears in writing justin a phone call; however as they tape their calls there will be a record.

Shortly after that conversation I received the letter advising they would not stop action on the arrears and it was being referred to their solicitors; it just seems so pointless, after all when the sale goes through the mortgage and charges money goes straight through to them via the conveyancing solicitors.

I will speak to them again on Monday however I am not feeling positive about the outcome.

Finally saw a way out of the panic and stress at the thought of losing my home and fighting off creditors for the last three years and now feel like I'm back to square one.

I am just so worried a formal referral to their solicitors may stop the sale going through.

Thanks

The FSA now demands that all calls in relation to any "Mortgage" arrears must be recorded.

So you can request a recording and a transcript of the call(s).

I have sent out an S.O.S for you. I am sure someone will look in over the weekend.

BCOBS

I think you should start to communicate with them in writing now as they are not to be trusted. Point out to them what they agreed and how disappointed you are that they have not kept to their promise. Also remind them of their obligation under the Ministry of Justice Mortgage Arrears Protocols.

If you need help with a letter please let us know.

Referring your account to their solicitors won't affect a sale going through - all that will happen at this stage would be that you will receive a letter from their legal department asking you to repay the arrears within a specified time. By then you may be well on the way to exchanging contractsd.

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks Ell-enn

I looked at the thread you sent and I have no idea whether the charges Barclays are applying are excessive; I know they charge me £40 p.m for being in arrears which they do not list as charges it is added to the capital on my mortgage.

I have asked them for a seperate list of arrears charges and costs however all they send is a statement showing how much I owe them in total, so I have no idea how much of the outstanding balance is mortgage and how much is arrears charges (if that makes sense).

They have also sent a DMP counsellor to my home without my consent, he just arrived, left a card and when I rang and told him not to come here again he just shouted continually 'speak to Barclays'.

When challenged re: the DMP agent they said I signed up for it when I took out the mortgage and we are charging you £24 for the visit.

I think I got into a panic at the news of referral to solicitors, however, it is reassuring to know this will not interfere with the sale; just seems pointless since all it will do is add another £100 to my final bill!!

My letter will ask them to justify the charges and also point out I am entitled to know what they have charged me in total; do you think I should ask them to clarify whether their charges are in line with the Minstry of Justices guidleines?

Thank you so much for your help, it's much appreciated.

Bubbsie

Thanks CB

I will write asking for a transcript of the calls made on the arrears for the last two months and consider carefully how I approach this problem.

I have had a reply from Ell-enn which reassured me the solicitor referral would not interfere with the sale however I agree with you that to add yet more charges to my account does seem spiteful (in the extreme).

Thanks for your help so far.

Bubbsie

• 1 month later...

Hi All

good news and bad news on this matter; the bad news is Barclays have now instigated court proceedings and there is a possession hearing on the 2nd of August at my local county court.

I am hoping by that date the property may be sold or the completion date will be near to that date. I have a friend who is going to write to the court and ask for an adjournment on the basis that we have exchanged contracts.

The GOOD NEWS is after several months of faffing about Barclays have now upheld my complaint regarding mortgage payment protection and has sent me a large cheque which includes interest.

Just thought it would be great to share a little good news for a change with fellow CAG members.

As soon as it clears there will be a donation for CAG, couldn't have got through the last few years if it weren't for the advice and reassurance I received from CAG

Thank you all

Bubbsie

I dread collecting my post most days, full of bills and threats demanding money I just don't have.

This morning the usual collection of bills etc this morning ; however one letter from Barclays informing me my complaint R e:PPI on my mortgage had been upheld and they had sent me a cheque.

It is for a substantial amount of money (not enough to get me out of debt) and will allow me to fund my move to a new home without having to borrow more from friends.

Want to thank CAG and all those that offered support; will be donating to CAG as soon as cheque clears.

Keep on with those PPI claims, it does work.

Thank you all

Bubbsie